GunRunnerZ

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

11th August 2007

0 Uploads

11 Posts

0 Threads

#1 12 years ago

I'm needing some help on getting BattleField 2 working. Note: Before this, Battle Field 2 worked just fine on my computer, but now it says my Video Card isn't good enough. I have also tried updating my drivers. Computer Specs: green_checkmark_min.gifCPUMinimum: Pentium 4 or Athlon XP equivalentYou Have: 2 processors running - Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz

green_checkmark_min.gifCPU SpeedMinimum: 1.7 GHzYou Have: 3.00 GHz Performance Rated at 4.50 GHz

green_checkmark_min.gifSystem RAMMinimum: 512 MBYou Have: 1015.3 MB

green_checkmark_min.gifOperating SystemMinimum: Windows XP (32-bit version)You Have: Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)

red_x_min.gifVideo CardMinimum: 100% DirectX 9 compatible 128MB Direct3D Card (GeForce FX 5700+/Radeon 8500, 9500+)You Have: Intel(R) 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family (Intel(R) 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset)

min_chart_1.gifFAIL: Sorry, your video card does not meet this minimum requirement. Upgrade to a more powerful video card will make all your applications look better. Click the 'We Recommend' button to see some great options.

Video Card Features - Minimum attributes of your Video Card green_check_small_min.gifVideo RAM: Required - 128 MB , You have - 128.0 MBgreen_check_small_min.gifVideo Card 3D Acceleration: Required - Yes , You have - Yesred_x_small_min.gifVideo HW Transform & Lighting: Required - Yes , You have - Nored_x_small_min.gifVertex Shader Ver.: Required - 2.0 , You have - 0.0green_check_small_min.gifPixel Shader Ver.: Required - 2.0 , You have - 2.0 blue_i_min.gifVideo Card Driver Version (DirectX)Your driver version number is: 6.14.10.4764 FYI: Your video card driver version is provided for your information, but it is not part of this analysis. But proper video card driver versions are important to the proper operation of your product. green_checkmark_min.gifDirectX VersionMinimum: 9.0 (included)You Have: 9.0c

PASS green_checkmark_min.gifSound CardMinimum: YesYou Have: Realtek High Definition Audio

PASS blue_i_min.gifSound Card Driver VersionYour driver version number is: 5.10.0.5172 FYI: Your sound card driver version is provided for your information, but it is not part of this analysis. But proper sound card driver versions are important to the proper operation of your product. green_checkmark_min.gifFree Disk SpaceMinimum: 2.3 GB plus space for Windows swap file and save dataYou Have: 183.6 GB

min_chart_6.gifPASS green_checkmark_min.gifCDMinimum: 8X speed CD-ROM (This game contains technology intended to prevent copying that may conflict with some CD/DVD-ROM, CD/DVD-RW and virtual drives.)You Have: ASUS DVD-E616P3H

PASS, but the Speed could NOT be analyzed.

Thats from System Requirements Lab

Snozzlefeet VIP Member

what?!

50 XP

16th June 2003

0 Uploads

1,897 Posts

0 Threads

#2 12 years ago

before what? what did you do that would have changed what the computer was doing?

GunRunnerZ

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

11th August 2007

0 Uploads

11 Posts

0 Threads

#3 12 years ago
Snozzlefeet;3850315before what? what did you do that would have changed what the computer was doing?

Its been about...6/7 months since I have played. Nothing has changed on my computer. Thats what I don't get.

Snozzlefeet VIP Member

what?!

50 XP

16th June 2003

0 Uploads

1,897 Posts

0 Threads

#4 12 years ago

have you installed any other games or programs that use directx or your vid card? because sometimes new installations interfere with other programs.

also, did you just reinstall bf2? or has it been installed for that 6 months?

GunRunnerZ

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

11th August 2007

0 Uploads

11 Posts

0 Threads

#5 12 years ago

Snozzlefeet;3850341have you installed any other games or programs that use directx or your vid card? because sometimes new installations interfere with other programs.

also, did you just reinstall bf2? or has it been installed for that 6 months?

I have Americas Army, GunZ, Kwonho, Halo, Soldier Front and 9Dragons installed along with Bf2.

And I just recently re-installed Bf2

Snozzlefeet VIP Member

what?!

50 XP

16th June 2003

0 Uploads

1,897 Posts

0 Threads

#6 12 years ago

do all of those games work?

i have had many problems with graphics drivers over the years. if you havent been able to play since you updated, i would suggest to rollback the drivers. new drivers dont always work right.

GunRunnerZ

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

11th August 2007

0 Uploads

11 Posts

0 Threads

#7 12 years ago

Snozzlefeet;3850385do all of those games work?

i have had many problems with graphics drivers over the years. if you havent been able to play since you updated, i would suggest to rollback the drivers. new drivers dont always work right.

Yup, they all work. And I just updated now to hope it would work. I open the game up, it starts up, shows black screen, then goes back to desktop. I read on XFire forums that that means bad video drivers/card. So I updated, and it didn't do anything to help. Also I'd like to go ahead and thank you for you helping ^_^ :)

apocalypse_kid

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th May 2002

0 Uploads

5,498 Posts

0 Threads

#8 12 years ago
You Have: Intel(R) 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family (Intel(R) 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset)

I must admiit to being a bit puzzled here, BF2 has never run on this video chipset. Even Intel claims BF2 will not work on this chipset!

From the Intel website:

Intel® 82945G Express Chipset Battlefield 2* Game Fails to Launch

When Battlefield 2* game is launched, the splash screen is displayed and then the game exits to the desktop.

Intel is not aware of a fix or workaround for this issue. Contact the game manufacturer † for further updates, patches or support.

And a link:

Intel® 82915G/82910GL Express Chipset Family - Game compatibility list.

I open the game up, it starts up, shows black screen, then goes back to desktop.

The exact symptoms described in the Intel game support notes!

Now there are two possibilities here, either the program is not detecting your vid card properly or someone has snuck in and pinched your dedicated vid card and changed you back to onboard graphics. Can you please post the output of the DXDIAG program for us to have a look at.

To re-iterate, I have been here a long time and I have never heard of anyone getting BF2 to run on that intel integrated video chipset, so there is somethig strange going on.

AK

:smokin:

GunRunnerZ

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

11th August 2007

0 Uploads

11 Posts

0 Threads

#9 12 years ago

apocalypse_kid;3850396I must admiit to being a bit puzzled here, BF2 has never run on this video chipset. Even Intel claims BF2 will not work on this chipset!

From the Intel website:

And a link:

Intel® 82915G/82910GL Express Chipset Family - Game compatibility list.

Now there are two possibilities here, either the program is not detecting your vid card properly or someone has snuck in and pinched your dedicated vid card and changed you back to onboard graphics. Can you please post the output of the DXDIAG program for us to have a look at.

To re-iterate, I have been here a long time and I have never heard of anyone getting BF2 to run on that intel integrated video chipset, so there is somethig strange going on.

AK

Well, my computer is an HP Media Center, if that means anything at all. I run on Windows XP Media Edition as well. And I'm not computer smart at all, sorry...how do I get the dxdiag thing? * Feels stupid *

apocalypse_kid

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th May 2002

0 Uploads

5,498 Posts

0 Threads

#10 12 years ago
how do I get the dxdiag thing? * Feels stupid *

Not stupid, just unlearned in the way of computers :-)

Click on start->run enter the command "dxdiag" without the quotes.

You will get a box with system information, click on "save all information", that will create a text file you can post here.

AK