Hey. My name is Dallas. I installed BF2 on my machine and it would not run. It would show the beginning image it always does, then shuts down. I was told to reinstall it and patch it again. So I did. It STILL will NOT run. Just shows the image and shuts down. Here are my spec on my systerm (may I remind you I ran BF2 on a MUCH crappier system):
Operating System: Windoes XP Professional with SP2
Ram: 1 gig (I have ram it off of 512 before)
CPU: Pentium 4 1.80GHz
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce2 MX 100/200
Please assist me as I want to get back in the fields asap. Thanks for the help.
NVIDIA GeForce2 MX 100/200
That's your problem.
Battlefield 2 System Requirements ===================================== System Requirements =====================================
- Operating System Windows XP (32 Bit Version)
- CPU Battlefield 2 supports the following processors: Intel Pentium 4 Intel Xeon Intel Pentium Extreme Edition Intel Celeron D AMD Athlon XP AMD Athlon 64 AMD Athlon 64-FX AMD Sempron processor
- Minimum Specification: CPU: 1.7 Ghz RAM: 512 Mb Video Card: NVidia GeForce FX 5700, ATI Radeon 8500 or ATI Radeon 9500 with 128 Mb of RAM
- Recommended Specification: CPU: 2.4 Ghz RAM: 1 Gb Video Card with at least 256 Mb of RAM
- Video Cards Battlefield 2 only supports the following video cards: Radeon X700 (PCIe) Radeon X600 (PCIe) GeForce 6600 (PCIe) GeForce PCX 5900 (PCIe) GeForce 5800 Series (AGP) ATI Radeon X800 XT Platinum Edition ATI Radeon X800 PRO ATI Radeon 9800 Series ATI Radeon 9600 Series ATI Radeon 9550 (RV350LX) ATI Radeon 9500 / 9700 Series ATI Radeon 8500 Series ATI Radeon X300 Series NVidia GeForce 6800 Ultra NVidia GeForce 6800 GT NVidia GeForce 6800 NVidia GeForce FX 5950 Series NVidia GeForce FX 5900 Series NVidia GeForce FX 5700 Series
===================================== Improving Gameplay Performance =====================================
Some machines will benefit from experimenting with your Network / Video / Sound options:
INTERNET / NETWORK PERFORMANCE
This section is very important to experiencing good internet play!
- JOINING MULTIPLAYER GAMES: To get the best performance on your computer we recommend you follow these guidelines:
HARDWARE Minimum system - Join servers that have up to 16 players
Recommended systems - Join servers that have up to 32 players
High end systems - Join servers that have up to 64 players
BANDWIDTH ISDN users - Join games with a maximum of 16 players.
ADSL/Cable users - Join games with a maximum of 32 players. T1/LAN users - Join games with a maximum of 64 players.
So, I need a new video card? But, I had a REALLY crappy one on my old PC and it still ran it.
You need an FX 5700 or better. What did you have on your old pc out of interest ?
not to sure. it was a POS built thing. maybe it was a 5700, not sure. did the job though, but with some vid lag. how much would a new vid card cost about? like, a mediocre one..
Acies;4022075it was a POS built thing. maybe it was a 5700, not sure. did the job though, but with some vid lag.
The 5700 is 10x better than a GF2 MX 100/200. Your old computer may have been a POS, but your new one is a just junk if it is using a card that old! For example here is the release order of the cards, GF2MX, GF3, GF4, FX5000 series, so you cansee the 5700 is 3 generations later than the GF2 series.
Oh yes, moving this to the help forum.
I don't spend enough time here
16th February 2007
christ matey !!
a GF2 , now that brings back memorys. Good luck anyway bud .
Acies;4022075not to sure. it was a POS built thing. maybe it was a 5700, not sure. did the job though, but with some vid lag. how much would a new vid card cost about? like, a mediocre one..
Just to play BF2 with? A 7600GT will handle the game no problem medium-high settings for $90. But thats if you even have a PCI-Express x16 slot which I highly doubt since your specs are so low..You'd need a PCI-Express x16 sot for a 7600GT. Though I'd be pretty surprised if your CPU can handle the game too...a P4 1.8Ghz is pretty old and slow.. Ever thought of building a newer budget rig?
Yeah I did think about it Steven, ALOT. But, let me put it too you this way, I am 18, I just moved out of home (from NY to Ga), have yet to find a decent job around here so, as you can see, money is a HUGE issue for me. Not to mention the medical problems I have had. So, that makes it hard to do ANYTHING.