rakesh27

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

2nd February 2004

0 Uploads

29 Posts

0 Threads

#1 13 years ago

Guys, I recently brought BF2 malaysian version from Ebay with language translator, i had a few problems installing but i did in the end. When i played the game in top right hand corner of the screen the version number was 1.02 so i thought i had the lateset version. When checkin for server i relised this cant be right so i d/l patch v1.02 and installed which worked and now the version in game reads 1.12 i think is this correct. I d/l patch v1.02 from EA but when installing it said something like installing v1.01, i thought had the wrong patch so re d/l another version from 3dgamers and same thing again. Have i the correct version of the game, can someone please tell me what i need to get and where to have the correct version of the game if its wrong. Thanks.

apocalypse_kid

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th May 2002

0 Uploads

5,498 Posts

0 Threads

#2 13 years ago

There were two versions of the first patch (because the first patch was buggy), the first buggy patch should have been withdrawn from all download sites but it may not have been, however the second patch should overwrite the first, it should upgrade non-patched games and the games that were originally patched with the buggy version (it did with mine anyway). Now that you have patched it if you can join the official EA servers then you have the correct version.

AK

:smokin:

rakesh27

50 XP

2nd February 2004

0 Uploads

29 Posts

0 Threads

#3 13 years ago

Dude, As you said i tried a EA server and i could play on it, but still could you or anyone please tell me the version number in the top right hand corner of the screen when in BF2 menu selection screen. I just wanna know if i have the correct version ? Thanks.

apocalypse_kid

I would die without GF

50 XP

20th May 2002

0 Uploads

5,498 Posts

0 Threads

#4 13 years ago

OK, it should be;

AK

:smokin:

rakesh27

50 XP

2nd February 2004

0 Uploads

29 Posts

0 Threads

#5 13 years ago

Thanks geeze, My version of BF2 is the same, its says exactly the same i thought it would be 1.02 like the patch obviosly not. Cant wait for pat 1.03 see what other improvements they've made even though many people are having problems with this game, its running brilliantly for me. I even herd many people were having problems installing the patch that went ok for me, i thought i would have problems since i had a mayalasion verson of the game using a language pack for english translation all legit, its all running sweet. What i think is bad when a newer version of a game comes out people forget about the previous versions, disgard all togeather. I think BF1942 + exp and even BFV are great games they still look good. Im hoping the desert combat mod comes to BF2, looks like we all are gonna have to get the exp special forces when it comes out. Thanks for the help. just wanted to check to make sure i had the correct version.