Repeater

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

20th February 2004

0 Uploads

784 Posts

0 Threads

#11 15 years ago

bah! consoles (all of them!!!) suck ass!!!!!! if u have a passion for PCs. you wouldn't have time for consoles! i suck at them to since i don't own any and don't plan to, playing w/ a mouse is better than playing with a hat! but if i must the only OK console is PS2. Microsoft should stick to software, not hardaware (hence-XBOX is just kablah!) i made that word up. kabla. lol. kabla. hehehe. kabla.

Apok

Respect My Authoratah!

50 XP

1st March 2003

0 Uploads

1,934 Posts

0 Threads

#12 15 years ago
ATI4EVER!bah! consoles (all of them!!!) suck ass!!!!!! if u have a passion for PCs. you wouldn't have time for consoles! i suck at them to since i don't own any and don't plan to, playing w/ a mouse is better than playing with a hat! but if i must the only OK console is PS2. Microsoft should stick to software, not hardaware (hence-XBOX is just kablah!) i made that word up. kabla. lol. kabla. hehehe. kabla.

They do have some good games. I'm into tennis so Top Spin for Xbox is a sweet game*curses for not being released on PC* and Halo co-op kicked ass on Xbox too. Consoles are good for some things.

XCON_Faxion

I spend too much time here

50 XP

11th July 2003

0 Uploads

805 Posts

0 Threads

#13 15 years ago

Well I still play my consoles since my selfish brothers never got off either of my computers long enough for me to play.

BTW I hated Halo for the PC it ran very poor compared to how it ran on the Xbox. I prefered Halo for the Xbox as it never lagged. In my opinion driving games and third person shooters are better for consoles.

Half-Life 2 can never be popular for the consoles since everyone is hyped up about the PC version anyway. The PS2 will barely take HL2 and if it could it would probably take many discs and have long loading times.

Apok

Respect My Authoratah!

50 XP

1st March 2003

0 Uploads

1,934 Posts

0 Threads

#14 15 years ago

:nodding:

Brookster

Tramp made Moderator...

50 XP

1st May 2003

0 Uploads

931 Posts

0 Threads

#15 15 years ago

that various noddings going too far! :nodding:

XCON_Faxion

I spend too much time here

50 XP

11th July 2003

0 Uploads

805 Posts

0 Threads

#16 15 years ago

Did I miss something?

ditchhopper

Death Obsession

50 XP

25th August 2002

0 Uploads

710 Posts

0 Threads

#17 15 years ago
XCON_FaxionDid I miss something?

:nodding: Its my first solitary nod ever!............. CMON, Im entitled.

Apok

Respect My Authoratah!

50 XP

1st March 2003

0 Uploads

1,934 Posts

0 Threads

#18 15 years ago

Hey I'm cool I can nod :nodding:

Chippy

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

23rd March 2004

0 Uploads

2 Posts

0 Threads

#19 15 years ago

Well, see, the problem with console's vs PCs is that while PCs can be changed however you like, every machine is different, and will perform much differently. However, when you get to consoles they are all the same, with the same specs, so games can be optimized for a console.

succorso

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

6th September 2003

0 Uploads

2,025 Posts

0 Threads

#20 15 years ago

ChippyWell, see, the problem with console's vs PCs is that while PCs can be changed however you like, every machine is different, and will perform much differently. However, when you get to consoles they are all the same, with the same specs, so games can be optimized for a console.[/QUOTE]Dosent matter for my comp (go ahead, Apok: NOD!). DID YOU GET THE PCGamer THAT TALKS ABOUT THE PC CONSOLE!!!!!! WOW! Hangon ill get the page #... April 2004-Volume 11-Number 4 Page 106, in "The Killing Box" by the loved Chuck Osborn. ApeXtreme DISCover technology, dvd player/pc game console. :clap: [quote=www.apeXtreme.com]apextreme_top_sm.jpgThe official collection of ApeXtreme Video Game Console information available.

At the 2004 Consumer Electronics Show (CES), a new device was unveiled by Digital Interactive Systems Corporation (DISC) and Apex Digital.

The device, known as the ApeXtreme Game Console is capable of delivering PC game play on your television using what is referred to as drop and play technology. Simply take a PC game disc such as Halo, insert it into the Apextreme and the system will install the software without any action on the part of the user. This removes the hassle of installing and maintaining PC games. Once games are installed they will play just like a game console.

apex_ign1.jpg

With a built in ethernet and phone line connection, the Apextreme is capable of downloading upgrades for the system along with patches and updates for the games themselves. The Apextreme also offers a variety of other audio and video connections for whatever set-up you may have. Composite video to component connections means you can connect this console to a standard analog set or a high definition monitor. An additional DVI output means improved PC-like graphics on newer television monitors.

apex_ign2.jpg

Apex will sell two versions of its ApeXtreme console, one for $399 and $299. The more expensive version will contain dedicated Delta Chrome graphics designed by Via subsidiary Via Graphics, while the $299 box will contain integrated graphics powered by the forthcoming onboard Via CN400 chipset.

The Apextreme unit displayed at CES sports a VIA C3 1.4GHz processor, 300MHz S3 DeltaChrome graphics chip with 64MB RAM, DVD-ROM drive, 1 component 1 composite and 1 S-video TV connection, DVI connector, 256MB system RAM, 20GB hard drive, 6 USB inputs,6-channel surround sound and a modem port as well as a 10/100 Ethernet connector.

apex_ign3.jpg

Since the system is designed to run video games and not computer programs, the Apextreme is capable of concentrating on the games and not other programs running in the backround like a PC. The size and shape, with DVD functionality means that you can have a PC experience in your living room. With the built in Ethernet port you can play online games just as you would a PC. Built in USB ports means that you can connect many of the same peripherals that PC's can.

The ApeXtreme will run an embedded version of Windows XP software allowing you to play over 2,000 PC games already available. The difference between this and a traditional console is that you are not dependent on publishers to release games like traditional console owners. You can also play games that may not be available on your current console. For example, PS2 owners cannot enjoy Halo. With this system you can play Halo, and online I may add, and Grand Theft Auto 3 on the same console.

The Apextreme will also be able to offer MP3 and internet radio playback but more specifically, DVD playback that may rival many of the players already available. Many Home Theater PC users will tell you that an HTPC is superior in the Home Theater. This device may just bring the cost of adding a Home Theater PC down dramatically.