catchyoulater

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

18th June 2006

0 Uploads

12 Posts

0 Threads

#11 14 years ago
apocalypse_kidDid you try clicking the link in his post? Basically what he is saying is that all the information is there for the getting, just requires some looking around. For instance in the readme of BF2 there is info referring to the requirements for servers as follows, and this is already on your PC. I have also posted this info here on the forums before, so a simple search would have found it. BANDWIDTH - Minimum 2.5 Mbit - Recommended 5Mbit Take 2.5 Mbit as the minimum for a 16 player server, divide it by 16 to find the rough requirements per player. AK :smokin:

look I don't nothing about gaming servers that is the reason I am here ;) however this is my connection: Cable 7044kbps download speed Cable 502kbps upload speed is enough for 16 slots? :confused:

what link?

Dark Saint

How many dogs are Pb'd?Maybe 2

50 XP

30th April 2004

0 Uploads

8,040 Posts

0 Threads

#12 14 years ago

You can run it on that bandwidth but not for 16 players. You will really be taxing your playing. I would say 10 people, and that is if you have nobody connecting from outside your area. IE: If you are uk, a usa player connecting or a 56kr

catchyoulater

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

18th June 2006

0 Uploads

12 Posts

0 Threads

#13 14 years ago
MerrickDSYou can run it on that bandwidth but not for 16 players. You will really be taxing your playing. I would say 10 people, and that is if you have nobody connecting from outside your area. IE: If you are uk, a usa player connecting or a 56kr

well I am not an expert but but if 1+1=2 conclusion is: provider connection around 70 or 80 bucks a month buy a server at least 1200 bucks so at this point is better rent a full dedicated server for 99 bucks a month;) in that way you do not have to worry about high speed access becausze your server is already connect to a big data center :cya: