Duncman

I'm too bored not to Post

50 XP

3rd May 2006

0 Uploads

46 Posts

0 Threads

#1 12 years ago

ok um, i realize this isnt really the right forums to post this problem, but i already went to the EA site and it didnt have any help at all. Wondered if anyone else was having this problem. I registered bfme2 and updated it with the current patch to play online, its a legal game i bought from the store, not copy, yet everytime when i go to online and put in my name and password WHICH IM SURE IS RIGHT, it says 'could not connect to battle for middle earth II online'. Since i already registered and used my cd key i cant make a new account, whether that would help or not i dont know. Please if anyone can help in any way, please reply to this post. I know this is a forum about files and maps but i didnt know where else to go after looking on the EA help page on the BFME2 site, and searching on google unsuccessfully. P.S. Most of the maps i get work, but some dont (unfortunantly, the coolest looking ones :( ). i do the same process with each one, saving it under maps in my bfme2 files and extracting it there, but some just dont work. I know some of them are meant for multiplayer (and since i cant play multiplayer thats screwed) but some of them even said 'i recommend you play online but it still works in skirmish'. when i try it in skirmish tho its not there. i can give you which maps wont work if you know anything about it, or if anyone even replys to this at all.:confused:

Digz

32,266 XP

2nd May 2016

27 Uploads

2,881 Posts

1 Threads

#2 12 years ago

Well first things first read this thread this maybe why your online may not be working, read the part of other people using key gens to obtian your serial number: http://www.gamingforums.com/showthread.php?t=264775 And also this has happend to many friends of mine that play BFME2 but their online play does come sometime so its a wierd problem. Also the map thing they all should work but if it says online play it means only online play but some do work offline as well.

Duncman

50 XP

3rd May 2006

0 Uploads

46 Posts

0 Threads

#3 12 years ago

well, alot of the maps that i got i showed to my freind, whose online DOES work, and they didnt work for him. 2 examples: great city of gondolin and minas tirith the white city. These said they were online, but i tried them anyway. obviously they didnt work, but they didnt even work online for my freind. anyway back to the main subject: i read the link you sent me. man, wth is wrong with people. they can steal my cd key? thats not fair. so...is there anything i can do to solve this problem? please dont say i have to buy a new game...ugh...thx oh and you know how you said sometimes they're online works, sometimes it dosnt? yea..mine never does.

Duncman

50 XP

3rd May 2006

0 Uploads

46 Posts

0 Threads

#4 12 years ago

so...is there anything i can do about it? sorry to double post but its been 4 days and i really wanna play online cuz the AI sucks :(

Digz

32,266 XP

2nd May 2016

27 Uploads

2,881 Posts

1 Threads

#5 12 years ago

ok sorry for the late post but what do you mean they dont work???? it falls out of sync, the game does not load on the loading screen and you have to restart your comp because it crashes or what???

Duncman

50 XP

3rd May 2006

0 Uploads

46 Posts

0 Threads

#6 12 years ago

I mean they dont show up on the map list, but thats not what my main concern is anyway. Im asking if theres a way to fix the online capability not working, besides buying a new game.

Digz

32,266 XP

2nd May 2016

27 Uploads

2,881 Posts

1 Threads

#7 12 years ago

Well you must create a EA account first of alland make sure you have your details correct, what exactly happens when you try and go online? Login Failed? Cannot connect to the server? what does it say?

Duncman

50 XP

3rd May 2006

0 Uploads

46 Posts

0 Threads

#8 12 years ago

well i registered and updated to the correct patch at the same time and in the same way as my freind, while we were on the phone. i successfully registered the EA thing, and when we started the game, he clicked on online and put in his login information and it brought up the list of servers or whatever. when i clicked on it and put in my login information and clicked connect it says 'Could not connect to BattleForMiddleEarthII server' or something. its not that im typing my information incorrectly because when i do that it says 'incorrect password/username'. ive gone online with other games before, its just this one that wont connect.