Beta III for SEE mod! -1 reply

Please wait...

Mordor Slayer

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

26th March 2007

0 Uploads

41 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

New version for The Special Extended Edition mod for TBFMEII!

Summary of features of 'old' Beta II - No more faction colors + reskins (new dwarven skins with leather and metal, new uruks, new gondor soldiers, new rohirrim) - Gameplay balances (stronger buildings, higher health for units, mumakil, nazgul, balrog,... are now really strong) and usefull siege equipment - Very strong and expensive fortresses, stronger walls - New heroes (Gothmog on warg, Ugluk, 9 nazgul, Galadriel and Celeborn...) - Hobbits recruitable from new building, hobbits can ride ents - Ents can make themselves invisible while standing in a forest - New units (Lórien Warriors, Noldor Warriors, Rohan peasants/Yeoman archers, dwarven berserkers, uruk elite/uruk scouts...) - New powers for nazgul and WK - Rohan minifaction for MOTW - Every faction has got an air unit (eagles, nazgul, dragons) for spectacular air fights - Better AI (they build towers now all around their fortress to defend it, for example) - Longer building times, so NO more rushing

NEW features of Beta III - reskins for EVERY unit! (completely new, or high-res version) - Added a new devasting unit: Smaug, the dragon of Erebor - “CaH” (Create a Hero) fix: No more OP CAH, trolls have knockback, fire damage for fire sword, adjusted armor/health/damage stats - Realistically scaled mumakil, ents, giants, and massive grond! - Ship fix: scaled, realistic movement, much higher armor, modified weapon damage (they now really hurt units, buildings and other ships.) - Collector's Edition features now available for ALL users! - Gollum and Shelob can climb walls, just like in the movies. - Forged Blades use the BLUE fx for ALL factions! The red one glows far too strong and makes the game have an unsuitable “Star Wars” feeling. The more subtle blue is the way to go for ALL units, regardless of faction. - Wall Segments now stretch longer than 8 segments before need of hub. - Added new art for Hobbit House - Adjusted HA skins for all units (only elves have gold; dwarves use mithril, gondor more plate armour, rohan leather, and uruks more plate armour, goblins (rusty) scavenged armour. - Removed blue light glow from dwarven heroes.

Screens:

th_33114_Nazguls_122_846lo.jpgth_33119_Wild_sizes_122_374lo.jpgth_33124_Grond_3_122_519lo.jpgth_33133_Smaug_4_122_595lo.jpg

Forum: http://forums.revora.net/index.php?showforum=1478 Readme pdf with screens: http://see.the3rdage.net/BFME2_Nazguls_SpecialExtendedEdition.pdf Website: http://see.the3rdage.net/

The mod is 90% done, but we still need some team member to complete the other 10%. We still need a modeler (REALLY need one), a coder, a mapper, an AI coder (also REALLY need one)... I'm also looking for someone who can make a trailer about the mod, 'cause I'm not experienced enough to make one ;) If you're interested, apply at the forum!




Guest

I didn't make it!

0 XP

 
#2 14 years ago

looks great.. cant wait til it's release




Digz Files Administrator

33,512 XP

2nd May 2016

27 Uploads

2,921 Posts

27 Threads

#3 14 years ago

It looks fantastic, I'll post this news on the lotrfiles site as well, it'll attract extra attention for your modding vancancies and also for the mod! Great work keep it up!




Mordor Slayer

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

26th March 2007

0 Uploads

41 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

Thank you so much :)! We appreciate it!

@ the 2nd poster: there's already a beta, which is very complete with almost no bugs, so feel free to download it and leave a comment at our forum!




Mordor Slayer

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

26th March 2007

0 Uploads

41 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

BTW Fire Play, it's not my mod, it's Nazgul's mod, of T3A forums. I'm just the marketing director :). Could you please change that?




Mordor Slayer

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

26th March 2007

0 Uploads

41 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

Beta IV is coming... Ok, Beta IV still hasn't been released, but it will be this week, together with a big surprise!




Digz Files Administrator

33,512 XP

2nd May 2016

27 Uploads

2,921 Posts

27 Threads

#7 14 years ago

Nice work guys! Keep it up!




Mordor Slayer

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

26th March 2007

0 Uploads

41 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

Thanks! You can expect even better AI, new units (Morgul Orcs, Black Uruks, ...), new models (Orcs, Orc Archers, ...), many fixes, new heroes,...