odin84gk

That which does not kill you..

50 XP

29th May 2004

0 Uploads

256 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

I have spent extra time on stupid stuff because of a minor difference between 1942 code and Viet code (for example, downloading multiple probrams to work with bf42 editor, writing extra code...) What are the main differences? What are the changes one should make when seeing a tutorial for BF42? How can one tell the difference between 42 and Viet? Experiance is the best teacher, but I am getting frusterated. I have a good map, but I want to make it great. I saw something related to this before, but I couldn't find the site again. Any casual comments would be appreciated.

Destrucktion_XL

I like make go boom.

50 XP

19th April 2004

0 Uploads

205 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

I bought bf42 and bfv at the same exact time. I then dl every mod for bf42 and try them. I was inspired to dabble with mods then so I start on for bf42.

I looked at the bf42 DC forum for 5 minutes and decided that I would mod for bfv. I installed the mdt, and went throught the basics, and then I looked around at this forum here reading every topic (not too many since this game is not that old really) that I found interesting to me, and 3 days later released BFDestrucktion v.1.

Now I am on v.4 and I read about 2 articles about bf42 modding. I did notice some minor differences in the code, and the code is very similar.

Best advice is to read whats on the forum here and do the original tuts that come with the mdt. The rest comes with just practicing and experimentation.

Good luck.

Destrucktion_XL

I like make go boom.

50 XP

19th April 2004

0 Uploads

205 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

Oh yeah and the gravity minimod I made uses code directly from bf42 to define the gravity variable.

You can dl that mod from http://bfv.filefront.com can't even remeber what file I changed but I think it was in the game.rfa

odin84gk

That which does not kill you..

50 XP

29th May 2004

0 Uploads

256 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

Good times!!!