SteVen

"World's Best Boss"

50 XP

14th August 2004

0 Uploads

3,254 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

my BFV game LAGS! especially in multiplayer i cant even walk! in single player it lags but i can walk without lagin in between {most of the time anyways} i have the recommended requirements , i have a 504 ram {if anyone knows how to put your on bourd video memory to 0 PLZ tell so it will bring it up to 512}, a 64 video card, and a 1.6 proccesor PLZ tell me what makes it lag! so i can upgrade. oh ya and in game i have graphics at lowest {wont even let me change to low} normal textures and normal everything except my sound witch is on high PLZ HELP!

colonel_bob

Here & There

50 XP

4th June 2004

0 Uploads

6,685 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

Try lowering your sound settings. Other than butying a new computer, I don't know what can help you.

Padre

Sergeant Major of the Marine Corps.

50 XP

27th March 2004

0 Uploads

617 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

Yep, short of getting/building a new system all you can do is lower the settings. ALl graphics to LOW, shadows and lightmaps OFF, in-game music OFF, and sound settings to LOW.

I think the recommended requirements are wrong.

P4 2.4 GHz, 1GB RAM, GeForce 4 Ti4200 128MB, Sound Blaster Audigy 2

That's what I manage to play on, and though it's not 'photorealistic' I can play well with ok settings.

CrAzYGuNnEr

DoN't FeAr CrAzYGuNnEr Is Here

50 XP

19th February 2004

0 Uploads

10 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

... i got precisely what u said padre, but i have everything on medium, no lag at al, can play with more then 40 people without lag.. i just buyed a new soundcard.. much better! when i had a old soundcard, i had many lags

Padre

Sergeant Major of the Marine Corps.

50 XP

27th March 2004

0 Uploads

617 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago
CrAzYGuNnEr... i got precisely what u said padre, but i have everything on medium, no lag at al, can play with more then 40 people without lag.. i just buyed a new soundcard.. much better! when i had a old soundcard, i had many lags

Yeah I originally had a Live Value, and aside from just wanting a new one, I grabbed the Audigy 2 hoping it would improve gameplay. It did seem to make my experience far better, though now I'm itching to upgrade everything else. :D

SteVen

"World's Best Boss"

50 XP

14th August 2004

0 Uploads

3,254 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

but whats wierd is ive seen ppl play the game with 32 video card and only 1.2 GHz processor with all settings on normal with no LAG! whats wierd is i cant even put my graphics on low! when i save settings it just jumps back to lowest! and i have a 64 video card! and 1.6GHz proccessor and its as lagy as HELL!