Anyone with a similar PC? What performance? AMD3800x2, 7800GTx, Asus mobo, 1gig ram, -1 reply

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 13 years ago

Hello,

I sold my Xbox360 so I could build a nice computer and was curious if anyone had a similar PC. Hopefully will have all of these parts put together and running by next Friday, if I can get a PSU and two sticks of 512 ram in time! :D

Anyway, the rundown,

AMD 3800+ dual core processor MSI 7800GTx 1gig of ram (not sure which brand yet) Asus Premium SLI nforce4 mobo w/ heat sink (no fan) OCZ or Antec 500-600w PSU

Anyone have anything similar? Can you run all settings high and still get good performance? :)

(TGBU)Angel_Eyes

All my base are belong to n0e

50 XP

3rd January 2004

0 Uploads

483 Posts

0 Threads

#2 13 years ago

Dual cores processors have a problem with CoD2 right now, should be fixed when the first patch comes out, but here is a temporary fix right now http://www.iwnation.com/Forums/index.php?showtopic=15933, don't know if you knew this, but just to let you know.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#3 13 years ago

Take Corsair Micro Module, but without dual core processor. Dual core processor is not important for gaming performance at all. But... if you like to play games and have a lot of other applications opened at the same time, then you don t have a choice but to buy dual core processor. Take TAGAN 480 W with PSU. And one more thing. I recommend taking 3400+ ordinary athlon 64 processor. You ll save a lot of money on it. And with that money buy 1 more gig of ram. Just recommendations. Good luck and I hope you ll enjoy your new computer.

EDIT:

It s not necessary to have too strong processor for gaming. But ram is important. You get better performance with 2 gigs of ram and 3400+ processor than with 1 gig of ram and 3800+ dual core.

(TGBU)Angel_Eyes

All my base are belong to n0e

50 XP

3rd January 2004

0 Uploads

483 Posts

0 Threads

#4 13 years ago

I say build the machine your going to build, CoD series doesn't recognize any more than a gig of ram, but adding more ram sure doesn't hurt.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#5 13 years ago

If you have 2 gigs of ram, you can freely disable virtual memory in your Windows.

UNDIESRULES

Waffle-Sprocket is broke

11,795 XP

24th November 2003

0 Uploads

1,097 Posts

0 Threads

#6 12 years ago

Hi mate, i have that processor and it seems to work more than fine for me.

rob.

I am the Walrus

50 XP

24th October 2004

0 Uploads

5,580 Posts

0 Threads

#7 12 years ago

My PC specs are in my sig. Practactly identicle, except i use a 64 3700+.

The 7800GTX makes short work of CoD2 Demo, it really runs nice, maxed out.

I might be buying new ram soon (Corsair 2 Gigs). Hopefully that will improve alot.

Spanky5150

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

14th May 2003

0 Uploads

1 Posts

0 Threads

#8 12 years ago

SpoudazoHello,

I sold my Xbox360 so I could build a nice computer and was curious if anyone had a similar PC. Hopefully will have all of these parts put together and running by next Friday, if I can get a PSU and two sticks of 512 ram in time! :D

Anyway, the rundown,

AMD 3800+ dual core processor MSI 7800GTx 1gig of ram (not sure which brand yet) Asus Premium SLI nforce4 mobo w/ heat sink (no fan) OCZ or Antec 500-600w PSU

Anyone have anything similar? Can you run all settings high and still get good performance? :)

I bought almost the same stuff from TigerDirect, except that I used an EVGA motherboard and a 7800GT. All of the research I have done says that you should be able to run at max resolution with all of the bells and whistles turned on. Also, the reason I got the Amd X2 3800 was that you can supposedly overclock it to equal a 4600+. Not advising you to do so, but by all accounts it is still very stable. Lots of articles online to show you how.

I'll know more once my stuff gets here tomorrow, and I'll post a followup.

Tally

COD Über Support

50 XP

20th November 2004

0 Uploads

3,439 Posts

0 Threads

#9 12 years ago

To run COD2 with DX9 enabled, the most important aspect of your system is what TYPE of graphics card you have. DX9 uses Shader Model 3 rendering. If your card doesnt support that, you wont be able to run DX9 effectively, that is, to have it enabled and still get good performance.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#10 12 years ago

Here's my setup [COLOR=navy][COLOR=navy]AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=navy][COLOR=navy]Epox Nforce 4 Ultra mb[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=navy][COLOR=navy]1GB OCZ Memory Platinum Rev.2 DDR400 (best overclocking memory)[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=navy][COLOR=navy]74 GB WD Raptors 10,000 Rpm, 8mb cache SATA[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=navy][COLOR=navy](2) 260 GB Hitachi HDD’s SATA[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=navy][COLOR=navy]eVGA 7800GT PCI-Express 256MB GDDR3[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=navy][COLOR=navy]Antec server case w/ 430 watt modular power supply NeoHE [/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=navy][COLOR=navy]Sony SDM-X73/B 17” LCD[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=navy][COLOR=navy]Sound Blaster 2 Audigy [/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=navy][COLOR=navy][/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=navy][COLOR=navy]I have everything maxed out. i did have to use only one cpu in the processes as previously stated. i was getting some weird errors. but it runs great[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=navy][COLOR=navy][/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=navy][COLOR=navy]and as i'm sure everybody knows 7800 series is SM 3.0 enabled[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=navy][COLOR=navy][/COLOR][/COLOR]