Jeff is a mean boss

565,404 XP

28th July 2002

0 Uploads

53,121 Posts

1,330 Threads

#2 12 years ago

until official word, i aint gonna believe any of it

If there is no image, Mikey broke something...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#3 12 years ago

There actually was clarification awhile back, though I cannot remember the exact source. COD3 PC and R6 PC are not being developed by the console dev, which is a totally different animal when it comes to marketing the game early.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#4 12 years ago
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.until official word, i aint gonna believe any of it

same here.. why they even put that cod3 there if it doesnt exist yet :lol:. but wondering when cod3 comes to pc :bawl:

hoelmkjaer

Dread pwns me!

50 XP

9th November 2005

0 Uploads

464 Posts

0 Threads

#5 12 years ago

Hmm... I thought CoD3 would skip PC and only come for PS3 and the xbox 360?

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#6 12 years ago

Its really quite simple to figure it out. R6 Vegas, unrelated of course, was shown at E3 and there were rumors that the pc gamers would'nt recieve a taste. After the dust settled it was disclosed that, the developers working on the console side would not in fact be working on the pc platform, yet we were assured that the game was in developement for pc. COD3 is another title that I know will be developed by another team of developers, lets put it this way.....UBI doesnt contract a dev team to develop a delicate title unless they can actually complete the job with flying colors. Take for example the new game, Armed Assault, this game is yet to have a publisher which means there isnt a set release date until they find one. UBI wont release COD3 until the developer is more than capable of delivering what we want. And if thats not true, than the ability to use the new technology on a pc platform may mean that the game will not be here for a long time..... DX10 cards and the VISTA are not yet released, and judging by that technology, most game makers would be in their best interest to be tight liped until they have a for-sure grasped the capabilities of whats to come.

Hawk_345

BF-Korea beta tester

50 XP

23rd April 2006

0 Uploads

1,407 Posts

0 Threads

#7 12 years ago

So what your saying is that 2 seperat types of corporsations a developing pc and Console versions, 1 doing console, other oing pc.

Adeazagra

~Freedom isnt free

50 XP

3rd November 2005

0 Uploads

139 Posts

0 Threads

#8 12 years ago

Yea i think thats what he means and i also read somewhere else on some forums that Activision was having 2 different companies (Trecharch for Console and IW for PC) develop CoD3. Personally, (due to the fact that CoD3 now has a release date for both PC and Console, Pc being on December 1st) I think that CoD3 will be for PC and that we have nothing to worry about

>Omen<

Modern Warfare

50 XP

1st January 2005

0 Uploads

7,395 Posts

0 Threads

#9 12 years ago
AdeazagraYea i think thats what he means and i also read somewhere else on some forums that Activision was having 2 different companies (Trecharch for Console and IW for PC) develop CoD3. Personally, (due to the fact that CoD3 now has a release date for both PC and Console, Pc being on December 1st) I think that CoD3 will be for PC and that we have nothing to worry about

Keep in mind too guys that the simple fact that console games can be cranked out a lot quicker while PC games of this caliber take a while, and you have lots of people panicing and ranting when they see the console release news first.;)

badass7

Much cooler than a n00b

50 XP

4th April 2005

0 Uploads

70 Posts

0 Threads

#10 12 years ago

The call of duty 3 trailer is here: http://www.e3insider.com/products/?productID=WM07LWKE6V

Thats quite obviously CGI and not ingame, but I am curious as to what we can expect from it.