The Blues is what you need

50 XP

13th August 2005

0 Uploads

80 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

[COLOR=Red]I just wondered. [/COLOR]

After not reading any news items involving cod2 for pc for a while. Does anybody know if there's a new patch scheduled for cod2 after the 1.3? :confused: If so ... what do you now about it?

Go in peace :p

Tally

COD Über Support

50 XP

20th November 2004

0 Uploads

3,439 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

There is no news about any further patches at the moment.

The community has raised several key issues with IW, and we are awaiting the outcome of a meeting with 402 - the community Liasion Officer - and the Devs at IW.

To read about the issues raised and the answers provided so far, please see this thread:

http://www.iwnation.com/Forums/index.php?showtopic=24914

Romeo

Cogito Ergo Sum

50 XP

3rd May 2003

0 Uploads

262 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

imo IW wont post out any patches in public, the cod2 fans would burn down IW HQ if they have more delays :)

Tally

COD Über Support

50 XP

20th November 2004

0 Uploads

3,439 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

well, then there wont be much point in setting up the proposed meetings that we - the community - have asked for.

402 assures us they are on the agenda to discuss the possibilty of another patch. There are several hurdles to overcome however, and one of them is budget: Activision may not allow the budget for the testing required for another patch.

We have suggested that they restore the community testers, and we'll do it for free.

wallaberto

The Blues is what you need

50 XP

13th August 2005

0 Uploads

80 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

mmm ... I see

I'm a bit between two fires here ...

Still lots of bugs out there that needs fixing and maybe a vehicle mode (with turning off/on funtion of course) would be cool although the gamestate will be too low for that, i heard. I'd like IW and ATV to start patching again. I can understand their company policy and all that but Cod 2 is still one of the most popular multiplayer games on the market so i don't really understand that.

let's just hope they really are going to make that Cod4-game and that i'll be a blast. Although I may not be able to play it due to moving in with my girlfriend (she really really hates computer games)(and I do too in fact lol)

Well ... nevertheless bb & nn

Tally

COD Über Support

50 XP

20th November 2004

0 Uploads

3,439 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

Gamestate too low? what are you talking about? Do you know what the current gamestate is?

Romeo

Cogito Ergo Sum

50 XP

3rd May 2003

0 Uploads

262 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

i dont believe vehicle support would be all great, it would divide the community like UO did

Adeazagra

~Freedom isnt free

50 XP

3rd November 2005

0 Uploads

139 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

I wouldnt mind another patch as long as it isnt another 1.2... (terrible patch) however, I can understand why Activision may not release another patch. They are hard at work (along with IW and Trecharch) making next-gen games and that may put them a limmiting position for supporting a few fixes for Multiplayer. As far as patches go, im content. What really interests me is the RFW total conversion mod. It litterally is a whole new game and that should keep me very happy until CoD 3/ CoD 4 arrive. So for right now I think that Activsion may hold off any patches until they have enough resources to finish up CoD 2 and focus on the future.