Please wait...

Capt. Queeg

50 XP

13th June 2003

0 Uploads

3,077 Posts

0 Threads

#11 16 years ago
AzHsorry, Cpt'n, i don't have the access to do this... i'll get n0e to take alook at this thread.

Odd I could have sworn it was you I was talking to in that thread.. maybe it WAS n0e...

Jeff Advanced Member

I am a mean boss ⬆️⬆️⬇️⬇️⬅️➡️⬅️➡️??

184,643 XP

6th April 2000

0 Uploads

14,592 Posts

1,534 Threads

#12 16 years ago

Hey queeg, go ahead and add that to air and we'll test it out... if you wish to talk to me about this personally, you should have my IM contacts... if not;

AIM: JMills on AOHell MSN: [email]jeff@filefront.com[/email]

Product Manager | GameFront.com

Capt. Queeg

50 XP

13th June 2003

0 Uploads

3,077 Posts

0 Threads

#13 16 years ago

We were talking about how conventry worked and how it showed post as being ignored rather than simply hiding them. It did that for everyone and not only the staff. as shown here: attachment.php?attachmentid=15638

So, I posted the following.... -----

I took 10 minutes and created a fix for this. Actually it took 20 minutes to test. So I have a half hour into it...

To see all aspects of it, log out and then go to this link... http://www.gamingforums.com/showthr...=10&styleid=154 This is how the thread normally looks...

Then log in using your admin account and then add Hacko and DeadEye to your Ignore list (for now). Then go to here again: http://www.gamingforums.com/showthr...=10&styleid=154

See that it shows with the option to view the post. That's because you're a mod or higher.

Now log out and log back in as a Non Admin user. Add Hacko and DeadEye to the non admin user's ignore list. Then again, go to here: http://www.gamingforums.com/showthr...=10&styleid=154 You should now have no evidence that the person ever posted except that instead of showing 10 posts, only 6 are shown. (well that and Hacko created the thread but is not the first person listed)

Long and short, non-logged in users and regular users cannot see ignored posts at all but Admins can see the messages when they need to.

I beleive I can change it so that it only works this way for global bans and not personal bans but I haven't looked up how to do global bans, so I don't have a way to test.

If you want, I can put this change in to the Air style and it will propogate to the rest.

It would very similar to being perm banned i guess but the person can still appear post...

We could change it so that instead of whatever message they type, all that is displayed is "blah, blah, blah" or all the words to "I'm a little tea pot". I think that's a better solution! __________________

Jeff Advanced Member

184,643 XP

6th April 2000

0 Uploads

14,592 Posts

1,534 Threads

#14 16 years ago

Also, regarding a proxy ip program I saw him mention. Someone at vb.org made a script that checks proxy servers and ignores them going straight to the actual IP. I don't know how effective this will work, but it's definately worth a shot against these assholes.

Capt. Queeg

50 XP

13th June 2003

0 Uploads

3,077 Posts

0 Threads

#15 16 years ago
n0eHey queeg, go ahead and add that to air and we'll test it out... if you wish to talk to me about this personally, you should have my IM contacts... if not; AIM: JMills on AOHell MSN: [email="jeff@filefront.com"]jeff@filefront.com[/email]

Cool Jeff will do!! I took the day off to rake leaves... Obviosly I'm getting a lot of that done!!!!

Jeff Advanced Member

184,643 XP

6th April 2000

0 Uploads

14,592 Posts

1,534 Threads

#16 16 years ago

Feel free to make the addition.

Capt. Queeg

50 XP

13th June 2003

0 Uploads

3,077 Posts

0 Threads

#17 16 years ago
n0eAlso, regarding a proxy ip program I saw him mention. Someone at vb.org made a script that checks proxy servers and ignores them going straight to the actual IP. I don't know how effective this will work, but it's definately worth a shot against these assholes.

oooooooo that would be cool... I'll send you a like to what I think he is using...

AzH

I'm too cool to Post

269,650 XP

16th September 2003

0 Uploads

24,050 Posts

0 Threads

#18 16 years ago
Capt. QueegOdd I could have sworn it was you I was talking to in that thread.. maybe it WAS n0e...

it was me. when i said i don't have the access i meant don't have the knowledge. why do you think i keep jeff around? ;)

Capt. Queeg

50 XP

13th June 2003

0 Uploads

3,077 Posts

0 Threads

#19 16 years ago

DONE.

And PHPBB is removing the account and will watch for him over the next few days and remove any accounts he recreates.

El Dragon

Wild West Mod

50 XP

25th June 2003

0 Uploads

2,523 Posts

0 Threads

#20 16 years ago

just my 2 cents here, if we utilize this hidden mask for such users, I'd recomend (for leagal and other reasons) to not alter their text. Mainly we don't want them to realize that they've been nabbed and are being monitored and if they go to check their post and each one is replaced with "I'm a little tea pot" then I can see them starting up yet another account, which will make even more work for us.