Ensign Riles VIP Member

No! I'm Spamacus!

426,516 XP

17th June 2003

0 Uploads

39,479 Posts

1 Threads

#31 14 years ago

First of, the vehicles are unrealistic in every way except for the fact they are intended to be used as weapons. This problem has since been solved in Battlefiel 1942 making it far superior in realism.

burntmunkey

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

5th June 2004

0 Uploads

8 Posts

0 Threads

#32 14 years ago

bf1942 is fun and stuff, but not as realistic as cod:uo. plus cod:uo is fun and stuff

J-Dub'

What are these damn animals?

50 XP

1st July 2004

0 Uploads

6,013 Posts

0 Threads

#33 14 years ago

definately.

SquirrelAssassin

I need a GUN AHHH

50 XP

20th September 2004

0 Uploads

566 Posts

0 Threads

#34 14 years ago

ummmmmmmmmmm i think king123 just said that bf 1942 and cod uo have the same graphics quality... right? ummm that was a joke or something right? in battlefield 1942 there is like 1 player skin for each army, and basically the whole game looks like crap compared... its like comparing pong to doom 3... i mean you are a FREAKING idiot, the graphics in UO are so much better, you obvioulsy are blind. the bf 1942 weapons sound so unrealistic, unlike uo where the guns look and sound very realistic... bf 1942 dosnt even have a real campaign. bf 1942 definently isnt as immersive as cod uo, all 1942 has are a bunch of random vehicles which took like 10 min to design.

Grimme

I like you

50 XP

3rd July 2004

0 Uploads

3,715 Posts

0 Threads

#35 14 years ago

I llike em both. But in the end for me, CoD was better than UO, now with CoD and UO being combined..... I always dreamt of that.

Frenz

For you..

50 XP

11th January 2004

0 Uploads

68 Posts

0 Threads

#36 14 years ago

well not to mention that there 2 different games and that so they really cant be compared but...

UO could not have killed BF1942 as BF1942 was already dead to start off with. Dont get me started on how crappy that game is, i only knoe about 2 people who actualy like BF.

Dæmon

GF is my bext friend *hugs GF*

50 XP

21st March 2004

0 Uploads

1,594 Posts

0 Threads

#37 14 years ago

Yeah let me just write down some sucky things of BF1942

1: SP sucks hard 2: Weapons sound like farts 3: Russians have american weapons? OMFG 4: lagg 5: Patches! dude how many patches were released for BF?? 6: ehmm it just plain sucks 7: Ehmm cant think of more now.. ill soon get sokme more

suzukiltd

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

7th November 2003

0 Uploads

1,649 Posts

0 Threads

#38 14 years ago

bf1942 sucks balls. thats what i play the best mod for bf1942, forgotten hope. it makes bf1942 like a whole new game. its 1.6 gb though.

Count Nosferatu

The Count Stalks...

50 XP

22nd February 2004

0 Uploads

2,100 Posts

0 Threads

#39 14 years ago
gopaloopersonally, from screenshots, BF1942 looked like crap. but CoD is the best game EVER when compared to MoH:AA...admit it!

MOHAA's player models were better, much more detailed, articulated [unlike the shambling scarecrows of COD] and animated. One major criticism I've had with COD is its shambling animations and models which look like plasticine snowmen. Atmosphere? I'd say COD had more, its good scenes really were good and was less irritating than MOHAA [although it was VERY irritating]... that said MOHAA lasted longer. Realistic? I think I know more Soviet, Hollywood and Nazi propaganda films which were more realistic than either COD or MOHAA. Graphics... COD sucks compares to some BF mods... including Forgotten Hope [forums for which on gamingforums]... I mean seriously. The skins are very amateurishly done as are the models - you'd think that all the years after Q3 was released they're be a little bit more thought given... The whole Tank missions thing was somewhat unrealistic [bunch of tanks running around in tight formation (WTF?!?!) in the middle of a city (christ... someone save me head)] BUT physics was and still is superior - gun trajectory is straight and very slightly arching.... very nice and matched only by FH or UT2K4. Trees are destroyed in the wake of tanks [which is a nice addition I found... and very unique as well]. But if you compare it to the scale and depth of BF42 and, more to the point its mods [which own the game outright these days]... COD is relegated somewhat into a glorified interactive action movie... which is no bad thing, but it DOES make it a worse game. Add to this the lack of features of COD [compared to the gun sights, the beauty, the deployable guns, the sounds, animations, balance and variety of FH for instance] and the price tag of COD UO [COD you can get for standard RRP, same as BF42... but add the FREE mod element and you're laughing] and COD, for all its fancy effects, is going to fail.

Yeah let me just write down some sucky things of BF1942

1: SP sucks hard 2: Weapons sound like farts 3: Russians have american weapons? OMFG 4: lagg 5: Patches! dude how many patches were released for BF?? 6: ehmm it just plain sucks 7: Ehmm cant think of more now.. ill soon get sokme more

BF42 is obsolete and sucks..... .... but its mods make it a totally new game.... essentially they're doing for BF what Gray Matter did for COD... except they did a much better job at it. 1. SP has been improved and the bots do fight better... ok you don't have the hollywood feel about it but that's not what it sets out to do... its replayability is guaranteed unlike the COD/COD UO finished-then-put-down formula. 2. When you hear the FH or DC sounds then you'll know that you are wrong. 3. Patch 1.3 IIRC removed this from Vanilla BF42..... mods such as Battlegroup 1942 and Forgotten Hope have Russia TOTALLY outkitted Russian weapons. 4. No less laggy than BF42 [although the mods do have a serious lag problem 5. Patches with FREE content, bug addressing and balance tweaks are better than no feedback from Developpers.... that's why I like DICE compared to my peers in the BF community 6.hmmm... SS_1024x768_Kingtiger.jpgmatilda.jpgSS_1024x768_Truckin.jpgschwimmwagen.jpgupload_1077743127_0.jpgafrikatank.jpg > COD

Frenz

For you..

50 XP

11th January 2004

0 Uploads

68 Posts

0 Threads

#40 14 years ago

u do realise COD really does have better Graphics? not only just can u tell by looking but the graphics are actually alot more advanced.