The forums staffers think I'm Cool
22nd September 2004
I like BOB, Enemy At The Gates, Saving Private Ryan and a good Russian movie: Zvezda (Star). In old war movies gun and explosion sounds were pretty unrealistic. All explosions sound the same. But i still like some old movies like Guns Of Navarone, Stalingrad, Das Boot and Tora Tora Tora.
7. Windtalkers (LOL J/K, John Woo doing war films!!?? Arrrgh (Not a very good film) Das boot is by far the most realistic, life on a uboat, very atmospheric (BTW watch it in German, with English subtitles if needed!) edit: Oh God I r teh 133t thread necromancer. (I should really look at the dates )
i like all the movies made about WWII the best ones for me are Tora Tora Tora, Midway, They where expendable, McArthur, Patton. to me those are the best ones made
omgomgomg saving private ryan is liek wel realistik its so coool cos of teh blodo n stufs lololol. Seriously now, A Bridge Too Far.
I like SPR and BOB. Got the BOB dvds and watched them about 100 times. Its a pity that i didnt get the chance to watch some old ones.
My favorite world war ii movies this is rated from 1,2,3,4
- Saving Private Ryan (Best Story) (And Squad Saving One Person)
- Saints And Soldiers (Best Picture And Graphics) (Great Soldiers)
- Band Of Brothers Series (Best Story) (An World War II Based)
- Longest Day (Best Story And John Wayne) (Operation Overlord)
- Downfall (Best Picture) (Battle Of Berlin) (FOREIGN MOVIE)
- Bridge To Far (Best Story) (Nijemjin Bridge)
- Pianist (Best Picture) (An Story Of An Polish Jewish)
- Shindlers List (Best Story) (Shindlers List)
Band of Brothers Series The Longest Day Saints and Soldiers Sands of Iwo Jima Kelly's Heroes Saving Private Ryan Thin Red Line Midway Enemy at the Gates some others i forgot
I'm way cooler than n0e (who isn't though?)
27th May 2004
I remember seeing a post on call Of duty files once, someone said that both their grandfathers were in WW2, one as a Paratrooper in Easy Company 506th and the other as an infantry soldier in the RAngers on Omaha. :lol: He then went to comment that Both said the mini series and the movie were both incredibly accurate... ...Saving Private Ryan was hardly accurate when it came to omaha, but I dont know much about Band Of Brothers in Regard to the real thing. but here are the movies Ive seen: - Saving Private Ryan - Band Of Brothers - The Bunker (german ww2 horror movie) - Bridge to Far - The Longest Day - Red Devils - Battle Of Britian - The Red Line - Windtalkers - Enemy At the Gates - Stalingrad.
- did anyone watch Saints And Soldiers and was is good? it was good to me cause of the great graphics did you know that the places were halloween movie places?
- Did anyone watch DOWNFALL and foreign movie about hitlers suiciding when the russians were near. its really about hitlers secretary
F|odgy ...Saving Private Ryan was hardly accurate when it came to omaha, but I dont know much about Band Of Brothers in Regard to the real thing.
Band of Brothers, were indeed pretty damn accurate, at the screening of BoB in Normandy, France before it came to HBO, veterans of Easy Company were honored there and they also said they thought the series was pretty damn intense, accurate to what happened. *Has the DVD Tin Box Set with teh Special Features* oh and Saving Private Ryan, was accurate to what happened on Omaha, took a while longer to take Omaha thou in real life. When it came to german tactics in the movie, it was horrible.