I have been playing Cod and Codmp multiplayer for months until about 2 weeks ago. Now when I enter either game and look for servers, I get a very small list, and when I refresh, it just says "waiting for response from master server". On the rare occasions I can get into a game, I can't play because it says connection interrupted from the start. I've tried going into gamespy to play, and the servers all have red "X"'s next to them. Again I get connection interrupted if I go into any of them. I can otherwise connect to the internet with no problem, and can play both MOHSP and vietcong multiplayer. My CODMP is patched to 1.51. I have reinstalled it, after deleting all the files the uninstall doesn't delete. And still the same problem. If this is a windows system, ip, or registry problem, I have no idea how to fix it. If anyone can please shed any light on his problem for me I would greatly appreciate it. I sure miss shooting you guys. Thanks
COD Über Support
20th November 2004
First thing first. This may have several causes:
1. a new router without the ports being opened causes the server lists to dwindle to nothing. Google for 'port forwarding' for COD and you will find one of the many guides available that tell you how to do it.
2. a punkbuster issue, where you will need to perform a manual update of PB. Go here to update it manually:
3. it may be because you have spyware on your system. If you dont have any already, download a good spyware destroyer like Adaware SE (free to download), and run it to see.
Thanks for responding, Tally. My spyware checker says there is no spywhere and I've already updated punkbuster. I tried port forwarding. I followed the instructions and got it set up successfully for CODUO, and had little success. When I go into a game, I still get connection interrupt, but I can at least see the other player's chatting and fighting. My firewall is off, and I can play MOHPacific and Vietcong successfully, so I still have no idea why COD has all of a sudden decided to do this. Thanks for your help, and if you have any more insight I would greatly appreciate it.
I play call of duty 2 and i have the same problem, (connection interruption) :( maybe you can help me fix my problem, if you know how already. if you could send me an e-mail to [EMAIL="firstname.lastname@example.org"]email@example.com[/EMAIL] thanks and have a good day from numismatic:cya: :deal: :moon:
COD Über Support
20th November 2004
I handle all support questions on these forums. its easier, and other people can get help from them.
1. Do you have this problem on punkbuster servers only? or does it happen on all servers?
2. Have you followed the link above, and performed a manual update of punkbuster?
3. Do you have a wired router, or a wireless router?
4. Have you checked to see if you have spyware on your machine?
5. Does the connection interuption also happen when you turn your Anti-virus checker off? Norton is known to cause connection problems, as does McAfee.
Slightly cooler than a n00b
5th June 2006
LSITEN U FOOLS"When it does that it is a 80 % chance that it is teh server u r connected to that fucs up. also if its a shit server they sometimes drop for short periods ask if it happed to anyone else.....if u got a wireless connect could be interupted.
Hey, Tally good work on the mods btw. wireless, DMZed, everything like anti virus programs off still getting CI'ed confused . Thanks Bowlday