TEC_Leader

GF Pwns Me!

50 XP

26th March 2004

0 Uploads

57 Posts

0 Threads

#11 15 years ago

Humm I think it could actually be a bit higher...9800 are extremely good cards. Even if it`s a 128mb, there shouldn`t be that big of a difference with the 256mb.

One question: did you remove all previous nVidia drivers properly? Also: when changing hardware, it is recommended to do a fresh O/S re-install. You might have some left overs from your previous card in the registry or elsewhere...That`s what I do... Good luck m8!

Puget

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

22nd January 2004

0 Uploads

29 Posts

0 Threads

#12 15 years ago

thanks for the help tec ill take that into consideration Ill reinstall windows xp again sometime and see if that fixes the small problem. I also think the fps should be a little higher

niXoR

niXoR-->oWnage

50 XP

22nd April 2004

0 Uploads

4 Posts

0 Threads

#13 15 years ago

i got 90-125(my capped fps), with 1024x760, 512ddr, amd2500,

Badman_Monkey

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

23rd April 2004

0 Uploads

4 Posts

0 Threads

#14 15 years ago

Newbie question - sorry - how do I get the frame rate to display?

Puget

50 XP

22nd January 2004

0 Uploads

29 Posts

0 Threads

#15 15 years ago

on the console type in /cg_drawfps 1

HulaHal

50 XP

29th February 2004

0 Uploads

26 Posts

0 Threads

#16 15 years ago
You might have some left overs

I agree to do a clean install...but I've also used Driver Cleaner. It does a great job of getting rid of old drivers. http://www.driverheaven.net/cleaner/ You can also, in the game, go above the 85fps the game is set on as default. Edit your config_mp.cfg file ...the line seta com_maxfps "85" to what you want it to be. You might have to mess with it a bit...I have mine set at 250. Depends on the card and monitor refresh rate.

Puget

50 XP

22nd January 2004

0 Uploads

29 Posts

0 Threads

#17 15 years ago

True that. I guess ill just reinstall xp. I also just got a new virus in my computer,a worm, and cant seem to find the pathc to remove it in symantec. I truly think that my computer deserves a much higher rate thatn what i get. AT least if i have it set at 85 i should stay 91 fps the whole time maybe drop down to 80 but not less thatn 75.

TEC_Leader

GF Pwns Me!

50 XP

26th March 2004

0 Uploads

57 Posts

0 Threads

#18 15 years ago
PugetTrue that. I guess ill just reinstall xp. I also just got a new virus in my computer,a worm, and cant seem to find the pathc to remove it in symantec. I truly think that my computer deserves a much higher rate thatn what i get. AT least if i have it set at 85 i should stay 91 fps the whole time maybe drop down to 80 but not less thatn 75.

Well actually this is the MAXIMUM framerates you can reach, it`s blocked there. So like Hulahal said, try putting it at 200-250, to see how high it will go...It is possible that you go lower, as this is just the max it will display...I have mine set to 400, and sometimes I get 70 fps, depending of the map/situation I`m in... I definatly recommend a clean XP install, as nothing runs like brand new...;) Come back to us when done and tell us how high you reached... Good luck m8! Cheers,