help plz -1 reply

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 11 years ago

i get the error message weapons/mp/smokegrenade_a_mp when i try to join a sever any idea why?

Romeo

Cogito Ergo Sum

50 XP

3rd May 2003

0 Uploads

262 Posts

0 Threads

#2 11 years ago

any more to it? seems a little uninformative to me, try \developer 1 in console for a clear error msg. try to clean out the main and/or uo dir from mods but anyway i think if you uninstall (and remove the remaining game folder) and reinstall the game it should be fixed (save the configs first)

moviestar

I'm STILL too cool to post

50 XP

21st May 2006

0 Uploads

122 Posts

0 Threads

#3 11 years ago

Well not a very imformative error as its not complete... Looking at it would more than likely be saying "could not load weapon weapons/mp/smokegrenade_a_mp" ?? If so then that is a mod as smokegrenade_a_mp is not a stock weapon... Its more than likely the ranger knife as an alt weapon mode on the nade. Check to make sure you have downloads turn on when joining the server and if so make sure the server is setup to download the file to yourself... If your getting this error all the time when joining OTHER servers and not just the 1 then you have downloaded a mod that has made you unpure and you need to delete that file before you can join a pure server again... (C:/Program files/Call of Duty/uo and delete all zzz_ files )