justinas91

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

29th August 2006

0 Uploads

41 Posts

0 Threads

#1 11 years ago

i have a problem when i had a compiuter with amd athlon xp 1700 1.4 Ghz 512mb DDR and video card MX440L 64mb DDR 128bit the call of duty and the call of duty united offensive games run just fine on maximum graphiks but now when i have a compiuter with amd athlon 64 1.8 Ghz 1536mb DDR video card ge force N6200 256mb ddr 64bit the game lags offul at maximum graphiks. can some one tell whats wrong or is it that my video card does not have 128bit just 64bit?

Tally

COD Über Support

50 XP

20th November 2004

0 Uploads

3,439 Posts

0 Threads

#2 11 years ago

COD1 and UO was not designed for 64 bit processors.

You will need to assign affinity to your processor:

1. Run the MP .exe file, and minimise the game to your desktop (you may need a miniser for this, or run MP as a window and not full screen) 2. Ctrl + Alt + Del into your task manager 3. Click “Processes” tab 4. Find the CODMP entry in the process list 5. Right click on the entry and select “Set Affinity…” 6. Make sure only one box is checked. If multiple boxes are checked, uncheck them until only one box is checked.

Please note, if you switch between single player and multiplayer, you will need to redo the steps above.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#3 11 years ago

I am running CoD1 and UO with an AMD Sempron 64 bit 2800+, MMX, 3D Now ~1.6 GHz - Nvidia 5200 128MB video - 1GB RAM and have no problems running full graphics, so I'm not sure that setting affinity applies here, but then, my 64 bit processor does not appear to be a dual processor as there is no affinity setting.

Have checked for spyware recently?

BB1

justinas91

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

29th August 2006

0 Uploads

41 Posts

0 Threads

#4 11 years ago

my 64 bit processor is to not a dual processor but now i will now that for some one this game runs fine on the newest compiuter and now i will start to search for the problem thta is cosing this lag.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#5 11 years ago

Check and see if the lag goes after a few minutes, it may be PB communicating with the server. You could also try updating your PB, ensure that you have the latest video drivers and run a spyware check. BB1