max ammo mismatch / bad Pk3 file -1 reply

Please wait...

Guest

I didn't make it!

0 XP

 
#1 14 years ago

with auto downloads on, I ended up with a file called zSKMWSFINAL.pk3. if i try to start any server i get : "ERROR: Max ammo mismatch for "springfield" ammo: 'springfield__mp" set it to 150, but "springfield_mp" already set it to 200." If I fix that with winzip etc and all the subsequent ammo errors, I get an altweapon error. Try to delete the offending file I get "script compile error - could not find script CODAM\MODTYPES" HELP any clues avoiding re-install much appreciated oh yea - Call of Duty 1.5 Winxp pro SP2




Tally

COD Über Support

50 XP

20th November 2004

0 Uploads

3,439 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

Delete the file called zSKMWSFINAL.pk3. Its not part of COD, its prolly a mod of some sorts.




Guest

I didn't make it!

0 XP

 
#3 14 years ago

appreciate the response, but if I delete the offending file I get "script compile error - could not find script CODAM\MODTYPES"

the mod seems to be some sort of sniper mod from the weapon contents




Tally

COD Über Support

50 XP

20th November 2004

0 Uploads

3,439 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

Right, there is an entry in your config_mp.cfg file (in the COD 'Main' folder). The mod has created it, and now the pk3 file is gone, the configure file is talling the game to look for it - but of course it isn't there any more. Hence the error message. I don't know what that entry is, so the best thing to do is to delete the entire config_mp file. Don't worry - COD will generete a new one on mp start up. But you will be back to square one - you'll have to set up all your net settings again, and all your lists of fav servers will have gone as well. You'll even get the Activision splash screens on entry. Just one thing, if you have any custom settings in the config_mp file, make a note of them and save them as a .txt file somewhere. They'll be deleted along with the config_mp file.




Guest

I didn't make it!

0 XP

 
#5 14 years ago

finally found the problem - removing Zskmwsfinal.pk3 then led to problems with another unwanted download - CoDaM. removing both solved my server issues

thanks all for your advice