SaulFerBR

CoD Hitman Rifler

50 XP

18th February 2004

0 Uploads

85 Posts

0 Threads

#1 16 years ago

What may cause a 999 ping? i mean, once i got to a server and ok im 49 then i leave, restart pc by some cause than im 999 forever, what are come commands (com, cg and etc) that maybe lower your ping or some path string that maybe help you have a lower ping? Any help/idea?

highroyds

People say I post too much

50 XP

22nd January 2004

0 Uploads

1,465 Posts

0 Threads

#2 16 years ago

I suggest you connect to a lower ping when your browsing certain servers. But there is a known fault with the game UO and CoD with this problem, because it happens when someone joins a server and they are downloading. If your ping goes to 999 but you can still hear and see people moving, then just wait till the next round, as the server should beable to sort it out. But in the mean time you could put in the command or:

/rate 25000

this sometimes fixes it too.

Tally

COD Über Support

50 XP

19th November 2004

0 Uploads

3,439 Posts

0 Threads

#3 16 years ago

What do you mean by

SaulFerBRthen i leave, restart pc by some cause than im 999 forever

Are you saying your pc restarts all by itself for some unknown reason? If you are, I suggest you get your OS looked at. This may be the cause of your bad ping. This is because there are well known viruses and spyware which cause Windows to restart by itself (the best known one is the Blaster virus). Then, they use your tcp/ip port to constantly broadcast your ip address etc, to adware companies and trojan hackers. This places a huge burden on you central cpu. and, hence, you have a bad connection. You can see if this is happening very easily. When your connected to the internet, and more importantly, when your lagging, just press Ctrl+Alt+Delete to bring up task manager. Then look under 'Processes' for 'svchost.exe'. Look to the right, and there will be a value (a cpu value). If it is something like 99 (it should be 0), you have spyware broadcasting you pc's details and draining your cpu resources. Purge it by getting any of the well known spyware removers (Ad-aware SE is free to download. As is the trial version of Search and Destroy).

SaulFerBR

CoD Hitman Rifler

50 XP

18th February 2004

0 Uploads

85 Posts

0 Threads

#4 16 years ago

before connecting to a server it says average 45 ping but when i connect to it, it says MY ping is 999. Ill try to raise my rate up coz its only at 10000 right now

And no it doesnt restart by itself, not anymore at least, it did a while back but it was OS bug.

Any more ideas?