Hey all I'm new to this modding thing, and I'm having trouble finding the software I need to do some modding. I have many things I want to mod, for both sp and mp, but for now just stick with sp. I wanted to know how to modify the range, accuracy, power, recoil, mobility, fire modes (like switching from auto to semi auto etc) and the tracer effects on any given weapon. Many of the guns on COD4 bug me, they aren't realistic and I wanted to change them for realism and convenience purposes. I also wanted to change (to correct) some of the gun models, although I've already sent a post on this matter elsewhere. Where can I find the software I need for this, how do I make this mod, and how do I get it to work ok on my pc when I've finnished?
I follow teh Moo!
16th January 2008
Have you tried the COD download section? Call of Duty 6: Modern Warfare 2 Demos, Mods, Patches & File Downloads. They may have the tools you need.
I dont think getting the tools will be a problem, I just need to know how to use them. And I wanted to mod Call of Duty 4, not MW2, will that make a difference if I use the tools in the link?
Wow, it's been a while since I logged on here. But since then, I have worked out a lot of the things I wanted to do in a mod, and I have been working on it again lately.
Some of the things I was able to do so far is:
- change the rate of fire of the guns
- change magazine capacity
- change the power and range of shotguns so u can actually hit something past 4 meters :D
- changed the blast distance of claymores so they are similar to shotgun range now
- made the RPG fly straight and faster - I need to make the heli a better killer and tougher to compensate for that
- and I modified the recoil on some guns to make them more realistic
There is still so much I want to do, but I need to know how to do it, or if it's even possible to do. Some of these include:
- changing the color and transparency of tracers
- modify the gun models to fix the iron sights on many of them
- change the distance at which a player can trip a claymore
- make the helicopter acquire targets much faster
- get rid of the smoke trail from the grenade launcher and give the grenade launchers iron sights somehow
- make the smoke grenade smoke for longer
- get rid of the fire delay on burst fire guns like the M16A4, and to make it so you have to hold the trigger to finish the burst as opposed to the game forcing a 3-shot burst from a single trigger pull
Any help with these type of modifications will be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys. :)