So I was banned from my favorite server under false accusations and obviously I want to prove my inocense. So I used the /record system in CoD4, BUT! I don't know where the file gets sent. If somone could please tell me where the /record file gets sent you will get the prize of my gratitude and hopefully the knowledge that you helped out a hardcore gamer like yourself in a tough situation.
Innocence. That is how it's spelled.
According to Google search resoults, you should be able to find it by following this path:
C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\main\demos
I don't have this game, so I can't verify that.
Strange, I don't have the demos folder... I'll make one and make another video and see if it loads there... I couldn't find any results on google though... hmm EDIT: No luck.
Ok, here's a direct copy/paste from the site I found that information:
1. Make sure your console is enabled
2. Start recording: Open console and type: "/record filename"
3. Stop recording: Open console and type: "/stoprecord"
Now you have a movie of yourself but you have to perform the next steps to make it playback:
1. Your recording is stored in: "C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\main\demos"
2. It should be in: "C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\Mods\ModWarfare\demos" If there is no "demos" folder just create it and paste your recording into that map.
3. Now run COD4 Multiplayer, then select MODS then MODWARFARE
4. Open console and type: "/demo filename"
I'll keep looking for more informations and edit this post if I find any.
EDIT: I found some demo utility you might find usefull. It's in the attachment.