** Cheers to Lethal Dosage. **
Are you having trouble with new (.sga) maps not showing up in the My Documents map folder? ( i.e., C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\My Documents\My Games\Company of Heroes\WW2\Scenarios )
Here's a solution:
1. put new sga maps in a (different) folder; I put mine in a folder called MyMaps in the main company of heroes folder [ D:\Program Files\THQ\Company of Heroes\MyMaps )
2. in the main Company of Heroes folder, there is a file called RelicCOH.module. you will need to modify this file.
3. Make a copy of RelicCOH.module first, for safety's sake;
4. Open up RelicCOH.module; not far from the top, you'll see a section with the header: [data:common:01]
5. Directly beneath that header will be data, something like this:
folder = CoH\Data archive.01 = WW2\Archives\WW2Data archive.02 = WW2\Archives\WW2Art archive.03 = WW2\Archives\WW2Sound archive.04 = WW2\Archives\WW2ArtAmbient archive.05 = WW2\Archives\OFSPData
6. - For EACH map, add a new line pointing to the map's location and name, incrementing the archive for each line. - The folder containing the maps may be anywhere; if it's in the main CoH folder, you don't need the full path; otherwise, you do. - See the following lines; these are real examples from my own RelicCOH.module file. The folder WW2\Archives already exists in the main CoH folder, and I created the MyMaps in the main CoH folder: notice that the full path is not required; - For the Forrest Gump map, located in the My Documents folder, the full path is required:
archive.06 = WW2\Archives\withdrawl from arnhem (2p).sga archive.07 = MyMaps\firestorm.sga archive.08 = MyMaps\Long Road to Arnhem (2p).sga archive.09 = MyMaps\Uden (2) (2p).sga archive.10 = C:\Documents and Settings\Bludingutz\My Documents\My Games\Company of Heroes\WW2\Scenarios\Forrest Gump (8p) (8p).sga
And there you have it: it's that simple. All the maps I have included this way all show up in the game in skirmish and multiplayer ( in addition to the stock maps and those included in the Scenarios folder in My Documents ).
Of course, I don't know why new maps weren't showing up when I put them in My Documents\...\Scenarios in the first place, but waddya gonna do?
Again, cheers to Lethal Dosage.
I'd be very interested to know if anyone else had this problem, and how this solution worked for you.
God Bless America.
when i download the map withdrawl from arnhem (2p).sga, i get more than one file, and none of them are .sga ( .sgb, .info, .tga ?). Is there an way to transform those filles into one .sga file?
thanks in advance
Various SGB to SGA tools can be found on the net, especially at FileFront's CoH Files site and the RelicNews CoH forums.