_.-RiGaMoRtIs-._

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

9th January 2008

0 Uploads

25 Posts

0 Threads

#1 10 years ago

i need a little help. ok say im makeing a map in world builder and i got it all done. now is there a way i can play the map and make sure every thing is alright. and say there is something wrong is there a way i can load it back up in world builder and fix what needs fixing. if so could you tell me what to do. thanks

Sgt. D. Pilla

Uber Geek

50 XP

23rd October 2007

0 Uploads

3,473 Posts

0 Threads

#2 10 years ago

...w...t...f.... lol, yes there is...Save your map, it'll save as a .sgb format, take note of where it saves to because I'm to lazy to look and tell you. Once its saved, go to that location, copy every file with the name of your map in its file name (###.scar etc) then move them into... WW2/Data/Scenarios/MP

Run the game from the shortcut, ensure that -dev is in the commandline of the shortcut (Right Click>Properties)

Then just choose your map from the list, thats what I do and it works dandy

_.-RiGaMoRtIs-._

50 XP

9th January 2008

0 Uploads

25 Posts

0 Threads

#3 10 years ago

thanks for the help because i made a map that look pretty good and when i tryed to play it some stuff was messed up and when i tryed to load it back in world builder it said out side of mods or something along those lines and all that work went down the drain and agian thanks for the help

iDeekz

Sniper Regiment

50 XP

15th February 2008

0 Uploads

1,052 Posts

0 Threads

#4 10 years ago

[COLOR=black]Here, this detailed guide should help you futher in testing and creating maps.[/COLOR] [COLOR=black]1. This location is were you need to create a folder 'MP' without the (')[/COLOR] [COLOR=black]D:\Steam\steamapps\common\company of heroes\WW2\Data\Scenarios[/COLOR] [COLOR=red](This is were the Scenarios are placed, yours may be different at the start)[/COLOR] [COLOR=black]2. Okay now the location should be something like this.[/COLOR] [COLOR=black]D:\Steam\steamapps\common\company of heroes\WW2\Data\Scenarios\Mp[/COLOR] [COLOR=red](Now you have created a folder called 'MP' this folder will contain all your saved maps when you save them here, also you will be able to re-open these maps in the 'World Builder'.)[/COLOR] [COLOR=black]3. Right that's really all there is. And oh, there is one more thing, remember to place your "-Dev" at the desktop shortcut. This can be easily done by the following steps.[/COLOR] 1. Right click your Company of heroes icon 2. Go to properties. 3. Add a space at the end, then place -dev This will make your maps appear in skirmish and i think multiplayer.

_.-RiGaMoRtIs-._

50 XP

9th January 2008

0 Uploads

25 Posts

0 Threads

#5 10 years ago

thanks ice for the help i no a little about world builder like the shortcut and where to put the map to play them the only thing i was getting messed up on was to paly it as your makeing the map and be able to put it back in world builder to fix thing that didnt work to well but got it now so thank to the both of you for the help

iDeekz

Sniper Regiment

50 XP

15th February 2008

0 Uploads

1,052 Posts

0 Threads

#6 10 years ago

That's okay, I'm sorry if my small guide was abit confusing.

_.-RiGaMoRtIs-._

50 XP

9th January 2008

0 Uploads

25 Posts

0 Threads

#7 10 years ago

could anyone tell me how to block shooting through like say a group of trees or rocks

iDeekz

Sniper Regiment

50 XP

15th February 2008

0 Uploads

1,052 Posts

0 Threads

#8 10 years ago

1. Go to your Objects menu. 2. Pick ebps 3. Then enviroment 4. You'll see "Art_tools" pick that 5. Then it's "Block Cube" or any other "Block" name, just try them all. You will need to place quite alot of these, also i cannot remember if this does work. Let me know if it does.

_.-RiGaMoRtIs-._

50 XP

9th January 2008

0 Uploads

25 Posts

0 Threads

#9 10 years ago

here is my map im not a pro but giving it one hell of a try this is the first map i ever tryd to make. ill let you know if it works. its a 1v1 map

iDeekz

Sniper Regiment

50 XP

15th February 2008

0 Uploads

1,052 Posts

0 Threads

#10 10 years ago

Did it work? and sorry i cannot test your map right now.