Revenge Advanced Member

Shizzle my nizzle

117,165 XP

28th July 2004

0 Uploads

10,354 Posts

0 Threads

#21 16 years ago

Interesting - no moderators have picked up on the fact that this guy has double posted once, and triple posted twice....

As for the mod you want to make - is this game actually going to be based in Call of Duty? Those concepts are way too advanced for the engine, let along the sheer scale of a complete conversion. The only successful complete conversion I know of is Revolt - and that took a team of paid professionals. Its a good idea, but it is too large a task to be done over the internet.

soundwave

GF makes me horny

50 XP

28th October 2004

0 Uploads

87 Posts

0 Threads

#22 16 years ago

i got now 3 skinners 1 maper and a weapon moder i still need modellers, mappers, coders, scripters, animators, artrist, sound moder, extrator, ect

MeDiC

I post to get attention

50 XP

17th June 2004

0 Uploads

69 Posts

0 Threads

#23 16 years ago

*steals members* hehe.

soundwave

GF makes me horny

50 XP

28th October 2004

0 Uploads

87 Posts

0 Threads

#24 16 years ago

i dont...

soundwave

GF makes me horny

50 XP

28th October 2004

0 Uploads

87 Posts

0 Threads

#25 16 years ago

are the more ppl that like to help me??

J-Dub'

What are these damn animals?

50 XP

1st July 2004

0 Uploads

6,013 Posts

0 Threads

#26 16 years ago

Please stop spamming.

Also, I would suggest that you give up or rework your plans. Any more spam, ie triple/double posts of the pointless crap you've been posting in here, and I'll close this thread.

soundwave

GF makes me horny

50 XP

28th October 2004

0 Uploads

87 Posts

0 Threads

#27 16 years ago

well i quit this no one likes to help me.....

MeDiC

I post to get attention

50 XP

17th June 2004

0 Uploads

69 Posts

0 Threads

#28 16 years ago

It isnt a case of nobody "liking" to help you. There are many problems that will stand in your way and thus stop the mod from being finished. Such an example is implementing robots/androids into your mod, that is VERY hard because firstly you need to get someone who can model players, then you have to completely rework the animations for that player and export and skin it. Very long and drawn out process. As for atomic bombs being implemented, well that would completely wreck the gameplay. Think of it this way: You are a soldier fighting the "androids" and you kill a few in multiplayer, then you gain a few ranks until you can call artillery strikes with "atomic bombs". An atomic bomb drops out of the sky and will end up killing everyone in the map along with destroying the entire map. You need think about the right engine or game you want to mod for first. Call of Duty is a terrible engine for modding, it has very little modding freedom within it and thus making mods is an extremely long process. I know this because Im leading a total conversion mod for Call of Duty: United Offensive, (the mod is called Modern Warfare: Black Hawk Down) so I know how ridiculously hard it is to make a mod, hell I have a team of around 22 people working their ass off to get this mod released (and it will do in the near future so watch out for it). I suggest that you rework your plan and move to a different game, try battlefield 1942 or battlefield 2 for instance, you will no doubt be able to implement small atomic bombs in that along with a variety of vehicles to put in. Or how about Half Life 2? You would be able to get androids in that without too many problems because HL2 is much easier to work with when making a total conversion. You need to think about these things thoroughly before rushing in with your idea and asking for members. Planning should take about a month before you even think about going out to the public, that way you know exactly how it works and can fix any major issues that might occur throughout the process that might halt your mod. Target Practice - Modern Warfare: Black Hawk Down Leader.