Help please -1 reply

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 7 years ago

I know there are about a thousand things telling me what to do on this site including readmes and such but im still so lost so if someone could help me out here thatd be muchly appreciated. I just found this site, it's actually awesome i want to download maps and such without destroying my CoH and/or my computer in the process. I dont get how to install them pretty much. I get to the "Download Here!" part but then i download it and Im not sure where to go from there. I have in all the::: C:\Users\(user)\Documents\My Games\Company of Heroes\ww2\scenarios I just dont get what a "-dev" is and i dont know how or where to find it or put it in the "target." Im just a casual gamer with not a lot of time to play and when I do i want it to be exciting and new yet i dont want to destroy my game like i almost did when installing a mod for Call of Duty 5. Please and thanks to anyone who can help. Or at least refer me to a place to find the right answer as to what to do.

Brko

Sanity...is for the weak!

50 XP

27th May 2010

0 Uploads

438 Posts

0 Threads

#2 7 years ago

Maps can be in SGA or SGB format. SGA maps go to: my documents/my game/company of heroes/ww2/scenarios SGB maps go to: program files/thq/company of heroes/ww2/data/scenarios/mp ("mp" folder does not exist so you have to create it yourself) To add "-dev",right click on "RelicCOH" exe.file found in your CoH root folder and create a shortcut of it. Then right click on that shortcut and click on "properties". You'll see a target line which should look like: "C:\Program Files\THQ\Company of Heroes\RelicCOH.exe" Just add dev to the end of the line,so it should look like this: "C:\Program Files\THQ\Company of Heroes\RelicCOH.exe" -dev I hope this helps,if there's anything else you can't figure out,feel free to ask. :)

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#3 7 years ago

I made the "mp" folder so i know im good there just when i go to "program files/thq/company of heroes/ww2/data... there is no scenarios folder, do i have to make that too? yet i made the 'mp' folder in the "my documents/my game/company of heroes/ww2/scenarios/mp then in the mp are 3 maps i downloaded. if the type of computer matters then feel free to ask i know i have windows vista.

as for adding the '-dev' i did it and so all the maps i downloaded will be in that shortcut of the game but not in my normal short cut?

im sorry for asking dumb questions but if you could help me out thatd be terrific.

Thank you, HybridTheory10

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#4 7 years ago

OK this is a very simple and idiotic question so just if you could tell me this real fast thatd be great. sorry its so dumb...

what are sga. and sgb. files and how do i know which is which?

This is a map that im about to download, how do i know if its sga or sgb?

http://companyofheroes.filefront.com/file/5_Bridges;79103#Download

again, im sorry for the dumb questions, im new to this and like i said, last time i downloaded mods i almost completely messed up my call of duty game. and i love CoH and i dont want that to happen to it.

Brko

Sanity...is for the weak!

50 XP

27th May 2010

0 Uploads

438 Posts

0 Threads

#5 7 years ago

HybridTheory10;5566684as for adding the '-dev' i did it and so all the maps i downloaded will be in that shortcut of the game but not in my normal short cut? [/QUOTE]

If you want to play the game with custom maps,you have to use the shortcut with "-dev".

HybridTheory10;5566691what are sga. and sgb. files and how do i know which is which?

The difference between sga. and sgb. maps is that sga. maps can be played without adding "-dev".

[QUOTE=HybridTheory10;5566691]This is a map that im about to download, how do i know if its sga or sgb?

You can easily find that out by reading the readme file. Also,the map file speaks for itself. For example,that map you want to download is like this: 5 Bridges Map.sgb

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#6 6 years ago

I've never downloaded a custom map, so I can't help you out there. Sorry mate :)