Just curious what strategies everyone else was using. This has gotten a little boring, so i've started with new things, but here goes
1) Own defend choke points. I build tank traps, and a wall of sand bags. The CPU (even on expert) doesn't know to blow these up. they get stuck and don't try to get past it. I will usually try and block off all the ways but 1, and load that last way with snipers, machine gunners and anti tank crews. The cpu will send wave after wave through here and you can cut them all down. For this i usually make an opening, but then a few yards back make another sandbag/tank trap wall, forcing advancing troops to take a hard turn, and get stuck (especially by the burning wreckage of their vehicles)
2) Be Airborne. I can't tell you how many times i've held off enemy break-through by dropping some para's down and keep resupplying them while more troops get in range.
3) Build a wall around your base. Tank traps and sand bags are your friends. I try to build the tank traps far enough away so that if a tank gets that close, he still can't hit all my buildings. This usually ends up as a long wall in the wilderness, but if you can spare one engineer team for a while, its well worth it. This will usually make it impossible for you to use tanks or vehicles later. Thats ok.
4) mortars are your friends. A couple of mortar teams can take out even the heaviest tanks
5) The final stroke: When the battle has been raging for a while, and I have enough points
A) do a fly by and find the enemy base B) drop para's and AT guns in the heart of his industry C) blow up his starting building as quick as possible. The cpu usually isn't smart enough to make another HQ, and once his engineers are out, he can't build anymore. Keep resupplying your para's, drop satchel charges into anything that isnt' yours.
After this you just have to mop up whats left. Usually during this assault they might break through some of your lines, or at least shake them down. Leave those points alone and focus on your main objective. If they should break through all your forward defenses, you've still got a wall of protection around your home base. If during the game you need to get through a sandbag wall or some tank traps (yours or theirs), the airborne satchel charge blows holes in these pretty easily.
Thanks how I routinely crush multiple computers. Again its pretty formulaic and recently I've been playing as Infantry (gotta love multiple arties raining hell down across the map) -Tremblor
GF makes me horny
4th March 2007
yea but ur post is bias 2 wards allies cuz axis have no airborne. for the noob who wants to know how to beat expert and wants 2 be axis, wut commander shud he be? oh, and P.S. expert AI loves infantry, and Normal AI builds more tanks than expert on average. So, if u h8 dealin wit tanx, setting Expert AI MITE help u out in some ways, except they are easily able to overwelm u.
I wasn't trying to be a smart ass, i was just pointing out a strategy that works well for me, and was asking what other people had used. I also didn't start on expert, i did head to head normal and worked my way up. In my experience the only thing that the comp (in this case german) uses more on expert than other levels is arty.
...and, jesus god in heaven! type like a normal person. I don't care what pidgin you speak out loud but when you have the ability to use the "backspace" key, use it, and at least make an attempt of using English. sheesh.
I'm too cool to Post
28th May 2006
Good guide, I'll remember those tips next time I'm fighting the AI (which will of course be with an online buddy, it makes it so much more fun).
Also, to the pidgin English guy, :0wned:
The forums staffers think I'm Cool
1st December 2006
My favorite commander is allied infantry. Take flags early to build up resources and defend them long enough to get 3 or so 105's and it's on like donkey kong. The best way I have found to use them is target each one individually, hit one area and have thier target circles touching or very close together. The rounds hit all in about one long barrage and it kills everything that just one gun can't. Then infantry and tanks roll in and clean up. Similar to Tremblor's Airborne tactic. I'm going to second the motion that panzerjager uses convorsational english instead of whatever ghetto fag abomination he attempted to use. Possibly typing with his whole face. I wont google pidgin, but I assume it means "moron" or "idiot."