Crysis for the 360 and PS3 -1 reply

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 10 years ago

I've read that there are rumors going around about Crysis being produced for the 360 and the PS3. I for one really hope these rumors are true because I'm never going to have a computer that can run Crysis till 2015 so... anyway, even if the 360 can't run Crysis on maxed out graphics (which it can't) I'd be content with medium/high graphics. The visual content is amazing no matter what! :beer:cheers to Crysis

SteVen

"World's Best Boss"

50 XP

14th August 2004

0 Uploads

3,254 Posts

0 Threads

#2 10 years ago

True, 360's and PS3's would probably run Crysis fine at the PC's version of Medium settings, but so far, Crytek have no plans of releasing Crysis to any console. On the other hand, Far Cry 2 (which is looking better and better) will be available for 360's and PS3's when it is released. So I'd be looking forward to that if your console-bound.

Mad Cat MkII

Sazamaphrase

50 XP

7th November 2005

0 Uploads

5,387 Posts

0 Threads

#3 10 years ago

a while ago i saw an article in my game informer with a small bit from cryteck. the jist of it said that they were working on a bit of a crysis 1.5 optimized for PS3 as the 360 couldn't handle the cryengine. havens read anything since then, though that could just be becauses me subscrition ran out. Also a while ago cryteck posted a want ad for PS3 programers.

Benzin

AAAAARGH!

50 XP

30th December 2006

0 Uploads

4,455 Posts

0 Threads

#4 10 years ago

I wouldn't be surprised or upset if they did, they're managed by EA despite them causing games to be shit they know how to sell them and so maybe it'll help the fact that few people have good enough computers to play crysis well.

N88TR

Old school pimp

50 XP

10th February 2004

0 Uploads

9,921 Posts

0 Threads

#5 10 years ago

Crysis WILL NOT be on the consoles.

But YES many devs have bought licenses for CryEngine 2 for use on the consoles.

Rumors don't help anyone.

Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,846 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,506 Posts

37 Threads

#6 10 years ago

Mad Cat MkII;4421100a while ago i saw an article in my game informer with a small bit from cryteck. the jist of it said that they were working on a bit of a crysis 1.5 optimized for PS3 as the 360 couldn't handle the cryengine. havens read anything since then, though that could just be becauses me subscrition ran out. Also a while ago cryteck posted a want ad for PS3 programers.[/quote] That's wierd. It'd be harder to develop it for the PS3. Look at some of the heavy games they had to drop for the PS3 because of it's complexity. [quote=n88tr;4422527]Crysis WILL NOT be on the consoles.

Rumors don't help anyone.

No, CryTek is the only developer that have license on CryEngine 2, and they don't plan on selling it. The Engine FarCry 2 uses is close to the CryEngine 2 though, and alot of developers have tried to buy it.

I wouldn't mind it on the 360, but i already have it for PC so i don't think i'd buy it for the console. Then again, those Console-Only fanatics would go and say "Zomg, consolez pwn pcz!". I'm an all-platform gamer(though i have a PS2, i don't plan on getting a PS3 as it has far too little variety in games and the like)

Mad Cat MkII

Sazamaphrase

50 XP

7th November 2005

0 Uploads

5,387 Posts

0 Threads

#7 10 years ago

n88tr;4422527Crysis WILL NOT be on the consoles.

Rumors don't help anyone.[/quote] http://www.gamesradar.com/ps3/crysis/preview/crysis/a-20080116164640708073/g-20070209104752229059 Crytek: Enhanced Crysis Rumored For PlayStation 3 Updated Crysis Coming To PS3? - Gameworld Network news story

[quote=Serio;4422728]That's wierd. It'd be harder to develop it for the PS3. Look at some of the heavy games they had to drop for the PS3 because of it's complexity.

No, CryTek is the only developer that have license on CryEngine 2, and they don't plan on selling it. The Engine FarCry 2 uses is close to the CryEngine 2 though, and alot of developers have tried to buy it.

I wouldn't mind it on the 360, but i already have it for PC so i don't think i'd buy it for the console. Then again, those Console-Only fanatics would go and say "Zomg, consolez pwn pcz!". I'm an all-platform gamer(though i have a PS2, i don't plan on getting a PS3 as it has far too little variety in games and the like)

i have it for PC to but would probably buy it on ps3 to for a nice steady frame rate. Also developers are learning how to code for the ps3 much better now. Also cryteck made a tech demo specifically for selling the cryengine 2 that's all being rendered in real time

N88TR

Old school pimp

50 XP

10th February 2004

0 Uploads

9,921 Posts

0 Threads

#8 10 years ago

I don't believe it for 1 second.

And yeah, that tech demo came out a few weeks after Crysis did. Good job.

Mad Cat MkII

Sazamaphrase

50 XP

7th November 2005

0 Uploads

5,387 Posts

0 Threads

#9 10 years ago

the point was that it was made to advertise the engine for the purpose of licensing it out.

N88TR

Old school pimp

50 XP

10th February 2004

0 Uploads

9,921 Posts

0 Threads

#10 10 years ago

Which has already been done. A LONG TIME AGO. These games are in development. Jesus, just search for "cryengine 2 developers" and you're sure to get a list of the devs already working with CE 2.