DC: T2 Well after the success of the first Tournament and the continuing interest in the future one … it’s finally arrived! First off, I am requesting that all people taking part create or use a specific account for the Tournament and stick to this. Also adding all particpants to their friends list. This way we can keep a track of people, where they are, talk to them etc. This will also stop people having to change accounts half way through. You must also be registered onto either FileFront or Dowfiles. Not just anyone will be allowed to join and your login name to either of these will be required and checked to see that you do use these services. Rules: Joining the Round: Due to connection issues some people have and the constant kick bug on the Gamespy Servers I have decided that the only way around is this. If you are unable to join your round then you will be held as a reserve to participate in one of the other rounds for the circumstance of no shows or people with the same issues. If the problem persits then there will be a round for those who were unable to join their respective rounds so you all get an equal chance. If you are are still unable to join then unfortunatley you are not able to take part. If you are a no show you are eliminited from T2 and will be added to the Hall of Shame unless you have a good enough reason. I will ask people to be on standby just incase this does happen. If there is no one available then we will automatically move on to the next round! This will hopefully keep the flow going and not make new rounds pointless. In game: The win condition is Annihilate and Game Timer will also be on. Locations will be set to Random. Standard Resource set to standard rate. Teams will be locked. 5 minute start up: A. No harrasment of HQs for the first 5 minutes of the round. B. If you are contesting a Relic, etc within this time period it is your choice to stand and fight or retreat. But, no following into enemies HQ’s within first 5 minutes.
- If a participant lags out or disconnects within the first 5 minutes they are elimininated and the casualty of that round. We will restart the Round only in the circumstance that a player is kicked before the loading screen and during Banner and Badge transfer.
Ingame banter is welcomed but:
- No Flaming! This will not be tolerated and you will be disqualified automatically.
- No pinging on your enemies HQ’s or charging armies. I don’t know about you but I wouldn’t want my mass surprise attack foiled by some other Guys cloaked scouts.
- Good sportmanship is essential!
No more than 2 HQ’s on the field at one time. A. If your only buidling is a partially built HQ and no builders to complete this you are eliminated and must delete your HQ. As long as you have active builders you may continue. B. If you have no Builders but still an active HQ you may continue as normal. No dropping.
- If you are automatically through to the next round you still must not drop! This will not be tolerated and defeats the object of duking it out. If you drop you will forfeit your place in the next round!
- Dropping will only be accepted if you are kicked after the first 5 minutes or due to ingame errors such as Data Sync.
Victory and Defeat:
- In Round 1 the first 2 people to be beaten are the casulaties of war and will not go through to the next round.
- In the following rounds it will be the first person.
- Victory will allow the winner to choose the map for their respective next round.
- The Victor and 2nd placed in that round MUST record it. We will then get this posted for all to view. Also it will be watched to ensure that no foul play has happened.
The Rounds will be as such: Round 1 - 8 player 2 – 6 player 3 – 5 player 4 – 4 player 5 – 3 player Round Final – 2 player Depending on how many taken part will decide on what happends next i.e. if 16 people take part there will be 2 sets of rounds and the 2 winners of each will go on to determine who the overall winner is. NB: Rules are likely to have additions before the actual Tournament begins. So expect updates! Times will all be in UK BST/GMT so if you are from another part of the world then you will have to adjust your clocks accordingly. This is not an official Tournament of any sort so there will be no financial gain or prize. The only Prize will be a hearty boost to your reputation from Tycoon and only if you are a registered member of the FileFront community. If not just the pride that you beat everyone else, which is more than enough! So take up your Bolters, Pray to your Gods, will you take up the challenge and become the DC:T2 champion? PM me or post here with you DC screen name.
18th March 2007
uhm,no direct connection?cause i can't play on either of those...
WolfHerz;3648150uhm,no direct connection?cause i can't play on either of those...
Either of what pray tell? Dowfiles and Filefront are not gaming platforms .. you are posting on Filefront now and Dowfiles is a site where you download maps and mods ... Not everyone has the software for direct connection so we will play online as normal. I have spoken! :bows: :bows: :bows: .. yes bow before me , for I am the law
Too late for the merciful.
26th March 2006
Can I play in this one too? If so, I will use the DoWDC account: FFh0lyev1lguy
Fear me But Follow
23rd March 2006
wont be playing in this one mate got GCSE's to worry about
The Resident Anime Addict
10th December 2006
TIS ME!! am back :) count me in stevie!!!!! dowfiles name: sergent_killa DC online: SRGT_KILLA
Ok, signed up so far - FFh0lyev1lguy - jack051093 SRGT_KILLA - Ruley SAYONAR4^^ - SteviEboY
The Resident Anime Addict
10th December 2006
whay aint i in bold?????? myself being a verteran of T1 and came 2nd :P
Ruley;3648424whay aint i in bold?????? myself being a verteran of T1 and came 2nd :P
Its because I copied and pasted mine my little sugarlump. No favoritism here .. so I have amended it so were all the same. Hope you're happy now Ruley, don't want you getting angry now do we :p
15th October 2006
Yay, I'll join... Sorry this is un-enthusiastic but... Aegh! I'm depressed, some good DOWDC should cheer me up. :p