Flash525

The Carbon Comrade

50 XP

14th July 2004

0 Uploads

15,103 Posts

0 Threads

#1 13 years ago

Is going to include the Necrons! I got my copy of Winter Assault today (great addition), and going through the missions, (and according to the Eldar) the Necrons are awaking and pose a serious threat to the galaxy. So, my guess is, there in the next Expansion (of which there will be) - as on the back of the Winter Assault Case, it says 'The First RTS expansion' - thus, more are on the way boys and girls. So, my guess is this: (if they do all the races): Original: Space Marines, Eldar, Chaos Marines & Orks Winter Assault: Imperial Guard Necrons Tyranids Tau Dark Eldar Daemon Hunters / Witch Hunters Thats my guess on the order they come out in (if they go all the way)! Anyhow, back to Winter Assault for me :p PS: I put this in DOW General as it involves that more than it does so Winter Assault.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#2 13 years ago

[COLOR=blue]I thgink ur right in there being another expansion. But......[/COLOR] 1) There more likely to do Dark elder 1st cause then theyd have a counter for normal elder like chaos for space marines 2) I really dont think theyll do a Deomon/ witch hunters as their basically space marines. Also if they did the stats like on table top it would just be 2 unbalenced

Flash525

The Carbon Comrade

50 XP

14th July 2004

0 Uploads

15,103 Posts

0 Threads

#3 13 years ago

Indeed, i did think about that (in the respect of them not bothering with Daemon Hunters and / or Witch Hunters) - they may very well add them to the Marines at a later date. However, the Necrons are on Winter Assault Ladies & Gentlemen (last mission), you have to kill them and there damn tough (especially them temple things) - They can teliport and have double the stars of an Avatar. I would however have liked to see Dark Eldar (much like you would have) as the next race, as it would have made somewhat more sense. However, Necrons are the next race as thats what they did with the original, Imperial Guard were in it, thus the next race was them, Necrons are in Winter Assault, thus, they are next (otherwise it wouldn't make much sense putting them in). Some screenshots (including Necrons) from the last Mission below:

Grimme

I like you

50 XP

3rd July 2004

0 Uploads

3,715 Posts

0 Threads

#4 13 years ago

They might start work on a sequel now, althought I imagine one more expansion could be possible, but I don't see much more than that.

Flash525

The Carbon Comrade

50 XP

14th July 2004

0 Uploads

15,103 Posts

0 Threads

#5 13 years ago

If they only do the one more, they best put in: Necrons, Tyranids, Dark Eldar & Tau. That is all i ask of them. Personally, i think there going to make upto three more (winter assault being #1), the next will have Necrons and Dark Eldar, then the final will have Tyranids and Tau - wishful thinking huh... But fingers crossed.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#6 13 years ago

They better do tyranids - it's pretty much the only race that uses shooting purely as a "prologue" thing - after the gaunts shoot the hell out of space marines, they charge 'em and let the big guys (and any hormagaunts) come in the finish the marines off. Orks, orks... i've been overrun by shoota boy spam And don't even mention Spacemarines or Chaos. They may have assault capabilities, but they are SHOOTY!!!

mad_chipmunk

I live on Gaming Forums

50 XP

25th April 2005

0 Uploads

1,229 Posts

0 Threads

#7 13 years ago

They probly wont do dark eldar. Because they already have eldar they probly wont have witch hunters because they are pretty much space marines why not add witch hunter units to the guard or space marines? Necrons and nids are cool :)

Father_Nurgle

In chaos we trust!

50 XP

14th March 2005

0 Uploads

30 Posts

0 Threads

#8 13 years ago

Dark Eldar would be great. They are not like eldar other than in name. They are fraile and have a few similar weapons, but they run up on you in transports and shoot the hell out of ya and then charge you in numbers before you can act. Incubi would be fun to play as well as the homiculus. Wyches, Sucubus leading the way might make for fun. They would be a great addition, Necrons too.:smokin: I agree that necrons are next if the pictures are accurate. Crap, do you get the feeling they will be leaking the races slowly over years steadily dating everyones hardware? I think people will move on if they take the nintendo approach. I am not gonna be playing it as much as I was. The longer a game is out, it will eventually be dropped.. Oh, another expansion... woopeetidoo. :confused: This one will work because of the timing. I personally thought getting a new race and one new class per race was not worth it. I was wondering if the 1.4 and WA can play togather or will it be like different mods. Relic and THQ need to think about picking up the pace or loose potential.:deal:

Flash525

The Carbon Comrade

50 XP

14th July 2004

0 Uploads

15,103 Posts

0 Threads

#9 13 years ago

They do need to think about picking up pace, but i think i could cope with another two expansions (as i have listed above what would be in each). Also, regarding the Daemon Hunters etc, what they could do is add the Grey Knights and Witch Hunters as special units for the Imperial Guard, and i was thinking Legion of the Dammed for Space Marines.

mad_chipmunk

I live on Gaming Forums

50 XP

25th April 2005

0 Uploads

1,229 Posts

0 Threads

#10 13 years ago

There pace is fine. Lots of new patches units tech tree lots of fun to be had! Just ignore nurgle till he finds out chaos are not total crap and cheers up :)