zimzoid

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

30th December 2002

0 Uploads

17 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

Hi guys,Just bought bfvietnam today and i think this game will rock once they get the bugs ironed out,i was just wondering what u people that own 9800XT,s have there game and video settings at because it looks alright but it should look alot better than it does,lots of jaggies and sometimes it stutters in full on action scenes,will be at 150fps then go right down to 40 fps,my specs: Win XP pro sp1 Amd 2800+ (barton) 333fsb cpu 1gig corsair 2700 ram Epox 8rda+ nforce2 Gigacube 9800XT 256mb card(had a leadtek FX5800 until last week) Creative audigy soundcard genius 5.1 speaker setup ADSL 256/128 connection (broadband very expensive here,this is cheapest option)my ping is 50 in local servers

themysteryman83

50 XP

9th June 2003

0 Uploads

18 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago
zimzoidHi guys,Just bought bfvietnam today and i think this game will rock once they get the bugs ironed out,i was just wondering what u people that own 9800XT,s have there game and video settings at because it looks alright but it should look alot better than it does,lots of jaggies and sometimes it stutters in full on action scenes,will be at 150fps then go right down to 40 fps,my specs: Win XP pro sp1 Amd 2800+ (barton) 333fsb cpu 1gig corsair 2700 ram Epox 8rda+ nforce2 Gigacube 9800XT 256mb card(had a leadtek FX5800 until last week) Creative audigy soundcard genius 5.1 speaker setup ADSL 256/128 connection (broadband very expensive here,this is cheapest option)my ping is 50 in local servers

Yeah, i've got a pretty fast computer too, but mine is a radeon 9800pro. I think the bugs in the game is your major problem, as it is mine too. I have heard that bandwidth is a major issue when playing BF:V, but I doubt that's your problem. If you wanted to improve picture quality in the game and you already have all the settings in the game turned up then you should probably turn on AF & AA in the ATI Control Panel.

zimzoid

50 XP

30th December 2002

0 Uploads

17 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

thanks for that,was just looking in the rage3d forums someone said to use rtool or radlinker to set the aa and af,as there is a bug in the game that won,t let ati cards use those settings,proberly will be fixed in the next patch as u proberly already know,but i will try those programmes in the mean time