Flakpanzer

Official Forum Spoiled Kid!

50 XP

8th February 2004

0 Uploads

850 Posts

0 Threads

#1 16 years ago

Ok, what the hell is the buddy list for anyways? All I can tell is that it changes their name color, thats it. What is the use of that, aside from knowing who is how in full servers? Is there commands you can use to find the server a buddy is in, that kinda thing?

Padre

Sergeant Major of the Marine Corps.

50 XP

26th March 2004

0 Uploads

617 Posts

0 Threads

#2 16 years ago

It's only to find people IN-GAME, which is quite useful if you're always playing BFV with the same group of a few guys. I use it to see where the other three guys in my fireteam are, and now that you can assign different colors to the people in your buddy list life got a whole lot better. Now I know that when I see Orange it's Ender, when I seen Green it's Mike H, and when I see Yellow it's Foxtrot.

It would be cool if there wa a feature like UT2Kx where you can find players in servers via buddy list...

Ender Wiggin

Quis custodiet ipsos custodies

50 XP

17th April 2004

0 Uploads

327 Posts

0 Threads

#3 16 years ago

Although a Buddy List search as per UT2k4 would be a wicked nice addition to the game, the current system is an invaluable tool. And as Padre said, with the most recent patch enabling custom colors for players on your Buddy List, it's even MORE useful.

Flakpanzer

Official Forum Spoiled Kid!

50 XP

8th February 2004

0 Uploads

850 Posts

0 Threads

#4 16 years ago

Ok, so this means I cannot find out what servers my buddies are in? Dammit

Padre

Sergeant Major of the Marine Corps.

50 XP

26th March 2004

0 Uploads

617 Posts

0 Threads

#5 16 years ago

What you CAN do is check out the stats, and if they have a unique enough name you can find what server they are playing in.

4blunt2trauma0

GF Pwns Me!

50 XP

27th March 2004

0 Uploads

49 Posts

0 Threads

#6 16 years ago

on top of what padre said there are a few different browsers that have the buddy search option such as ASE and gamespy if i'm not mistaken, (i only use the ASE) try using those intead if the game's browser