4 all who are wanting 2 listen 2 there own music whilst playing ut2003 over the net++ -1 reply

Please wait...

nazurax

=HCC=nazurax

50 XP

29th March 2003

0 Uploads

105 Posts

0 Threads

#1 16 years ago

Just telling those who dont know how 2 listen 2 there own music whilst playing ut2003!!!!! U put the mp3 into an .ogg format Then all u have 2 do is place em in u ut2k3 music folder. and heres how------:::

Well to be fair not everyone would know how 2 make .ogg files.. Do u want 2 know...I here a yes..Okay then All u do is go to http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc.htm and download dbpoweramp

then go to http://www.dbpoweramp.com/codec-central-ogg.htm and get ogg vorbis!!! the codec to instal into dbpoweramp location.....

If the music file is off a cd use the db audio input thing to put it into an mp3 on u hard drive- Or if u have downloaded it of something like www.kazaa.com ---I didn't tell u that

then open music converter and select the file u want 2 put into .ogg version 1.0 which is what ut2003 uses!!! then click open...U must clcik open for this 2 work not just double click..

set it up-Ill leave u a screenshop of the settings !!

u then convert to get the .ogg file and then put that into the ut2003 music folder... \\\U MUST HAVE THE NEW BONUS PACK OR THING 2 SELECT MUSIC/// press F8 or F11 or something like that to get music selector and so on

theres somet else if u want it 2 play under u server??forgot what u do If u put it on a server dont have it over powering foot steps or guns.

This was just ment 2 tell all who want 2 listen 2 there own music but aint know how in the above---

:deal: :deal: :deal: :deal: :deal: :deal: :deal: :deal: :deal: :deal: :deal: :deal: :deal:

nazurax

=HCC=nazurax

50 XP

29th March 2003

0 Uploads

105 Posts

0 Threads

#2 16 years ago

Post something if this has help u on u ut2k3 quest. Anyone have any problams like not working with this method.

Dem0naX

Plebs

50 XP

31st October 2002

0 Uploads

240 Posts

0 Threads

#3 16 years ago

thx,no more using stupid shareware and 14 day trails and stuff converting progs...

lamp210

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

2nd April 2003

0 Uploads

8 Posts

0 Threads

#4 16 years ago

how do i do that with the server ? it has no editor?? help

nazurax

=HCC=nazurax

50 XP

29th March 2003

0 Uploads

105 Posts

0 Threads

#5 16 years ago

I dont really run servers but ask in that forum http://www.unrealadmin.org/ or this 1

I think there is a line you put into the server text file in system folder and have the ogg file in your music folder and do something to the text to make the user download the .ogg file like as if it was a map or something...

Ask around or something but it will be a short command line for the text file or something or however u change the track

leave the IP and i can see if it works when you find out how to do it :) sorry couldnt help much

O you just make the ogg file 1st normally then do the above..somehow

LrdMidknight

GF Pwns Me!

50 XP

23rd March 2003

0 Uploads

37 Posts

0 Threads

#6 16 years ago

Yes I have been converting my music files for a while, but my question is how do I add music to the level in the editor? You know so the map will already have base music, like all the other maps in ut2003?!?!?!

lamp210

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

2nd April 2003

0 Uploads

8 Posts

0 Threads

#7 16 years ago

in the editor open your map then go to the view tap and choose level properties then audio.

how do i do that in the server version with no edidor?

nazurax

=HCC=nazurax

50 XP

29th March 2003

0 Uploads

105 Posts

0 Threads

#8 16 years ago

can u send me a screenie of this server thing...

Capt_Jack

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

21st April 2003

0 Uploads

6 Posts

0 Threads

#9 16 years ago

So adding my own music shouldn't have any adverse effects on my game at all will it?

nazurax

=HCC=nazurax

50 XP

29th March 2003

0 Uploads

105 Posts

0 Threads

#10 16 years ago

it will make the map file 5 mb bigger approx...

ull hav 2 c what places like utfiles thing about music distribution and stuff - i dont think they like it!

the best way 2 get u music 2 a map is 2 use it through a server because then it is you who is passin the music file on not them.

i now it sounds daft but would u want files who can get u in 2 trouble on your site...:rolleyes: :eek: ;)

but no it wont effect the file much///size but thats nothing

im just saying put your music on not stuff u not ment 2 but yes it should be fine

do it through editor and have the ogg file in the ut music folder and inform ppl who download the map 2 put the ogg file there-unless you can save it into the map file like u do wit texturs but im not to that stage on my map yet!