Grizzled

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

26th June 2003

0 Uploads

1 Posts

0 Threads

#11 17 years ago

check in your network settings, i had the same problem and i realized the game set my connection speed to modem, and that slowed the game down considerably

VSK_AgentSmith

L053r

50 XP

29th June 2003

0 Uploads

28 Posts

0 Threads

#12 17 years ago

Yeah, I've been getting the headaches sinse the new patch...

Asides from that, the game perforamnec has dropped very significantly, and no matter what I do with the video settings they're not fixing it...

When I first got UT2K3 I'd just installed WindowsXP, which is resource leech if nothing else. At that time I was running a 1.3Ghz AthlonXP with 256MB of PC2700 RAM. The game ran pretty bad, not unplayable, but just bad...

Later, though, I upgraded my RAM to 512MB of PC3200 and it ran so much better... I could finally run it at 800x600 at a very reasonable framerate, not sinse the patch though...

Now sinse the patch running at 800x600 is a bad idea, I get really bad framerates no matter what I set the details to. To make matters worse even changing the resolution doesn't phase the game at all, it still runs just as bad at 640x480 with all details set to Lowest and/or Off than it does with 800x600 with most everything turned on...

Whatever it is I hope they fix it soon, or at least look for a way to boost performance, whatever that patch did I could have done without the no CD thing...

USELESS

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

26th June 2003

0 Uploads

17 Posts

0 Threads

#13 17 years ago

well well... this is very strange , I run an average /lower end system (dual athlon 1.8 , 1 gig of ram , radeon7500) and I did'nt notice any performance drops at all from the 2555 patch. Frankly , I think its great. any way , there is a disorder called epilepsy that causes a person to go into seizures when they are exposed to flashing lights. In its less severe forms It can cause symptoms similar to what I'm reading here , like dizzyness and vertigo. A nother possibility is that you guys are just putting too much strain on your eyes.

*gasp* You can? With Windows Media Player or WinAmp? Jeebus, how?

and to M_nus , to play your own music in ut2k3 you first need to convert your mp3s to .ogg vorbis format . you can get a converter for free, or trial , just type it in on your browser. Once you have converted them , just put them in the folder c/ut2003/music or wherever your ut2003 music folder is if you didn't use the default installation path.

Once you have the music converted and imported , you can play it in game by hitting f11 or by using the playlist option on the choose model page.

And one more thing thats totally off topic , Did anyone know that you can get your own detailed , personal stats INGAME just by hitting f3? its really sweet and I never knew you could do it so i just thot I'd let you all know

Str8tKiller

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

7th July 2003

0 Uploads

17 Posts

0 Threads

#14 16 years ago
Originally posted by Iron12 It's that damn Eye Candy.

hahahahaaa :lol: