Mael5trom

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

23rd February 2004

0 Uploads

1 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

I can connect to a UT2004 server and play 1 game, but then I lose my internet connection until I reboot my computer. I have a cable modem connection, and it doesn't do this on any other games. Is this a known bug or does anyone have any ideas? I have an AMD 1.4Ghz, 384MB Ram, ATI 32mb video, SB Live - I know , time to start updating already :) Mike

yuiol

Keepin it real

50 XP

13th October 2002

0 Uploads

1,684 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

This type of problem usallly happens when your hooked through a router. Try going to download.com and getting the free version of Zonealarm and install it. Sett everything on low and only start it up before UT2004, because this firewall software might interfere with some of your other games. I had the same problems with my other router and for some reason this program fixed it right up.

klasnic

Let slip the dogs of war!

50 XP

25th January 2004

0 Uploads

72 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

Could also be caused by programs running in the background... Especially s/w that's set to check for updates, email notification programs. Your Firewall / Anti-virus (don't disable though) or only disable to test and re-enable. You didn't mention your OS but it definitely sound like a software problem to me if it only happens when playing UT2004. BTW does this happen when you play other games online? I thought I gave up this tech support thing :)

Quantex

don't u know i'm Loco!?

50 XP

27th March 2004

0 Uploads

53 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

or it couldt be a skin... some skins do that you can't play over the internet... like the Yoda character... :P remove the skins/Models that yo have downloaded...