MikeSCompUSA

DooM OwnS All

50 XP

25th May 2004

0 Uploads

20 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

Can anyone help me with Jdoom (if they use Jdoom) I need to know why it won't save game. Ok I installed the game and I put all my wads in one folder and I put it in Jdoom and I load Jdoom and finds the game and when i'm in game it doesnt let me save like I go to save game and it saiys game saved in console but above it saiys error couldnt load such and such file. So I go to load game and nothing is there. So I tried moving my folder were i put the wads in out of Jdoom and I try again but same thing happens. Anybody else having the same problem. I don't want to change to zdoom or whatever Cause I like Jdoom. So if anyone can help me I would apperciate it. But for now on you can apperciate this :moon: hehe ~Mike :moon: :spank: :bows:

-Ghost-

Phantom of the Forums

50 XP

20th August 2003

0 Uploads

19,146 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

I'm assuming the mooning is gratitude? I use JDoom myself, and have becom addicted to it somehow...JDoom is a pretty fickle program, messing up whenever it feels like it, so I suggest you just reinstall everything into the Doomsday folder (You should use the default folder it creates), and let the installations take care of themselves, changing the folder can mess up where they go sometimes. What WADS are you using? Make sure they are JDoom compatible. Here's a link for more alternate packs for Jdoom: JDoom Model Yard

I'm pretty sure a new version of the JDoom Resource pack wil come out soon, its a must have, along with the JDUI, and JDoom Environment Pack, which are both found Here Make sure you get JDUI and not JHUIm JHUI is for Heretic ;) . Its all pretty straightforward there, after you've managed to get lost a few dozen times... Just ask if you need more help.

Μαjïç MushrøøM

I would die without GF

50 XP

29th November 2003

0 Uploads

14,599 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

I should get ahold of what you two are talking about; the last Doom game I played was Doom 2 (only played the demo version of Doom)...furthermore, I've played no mods for either lol :rolleyes:

-Ghost-

Phantom of the Forums

50 XP

20th August 2003

0 Uploads

19,146 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

Good to see you've got some experience behind you with mods :D . Just tell me what you want to know about. Some karma could change that :naughty: .

Μαjïç MushrøøM

I would die without GF

50 XP

29th November 2003

0 Uploads

14,599 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

lol was that post aimed at me?? I don't currently own either of the previous Doom games, nor Ultimate Doom or Doom 95; I'm constantly looking forward to new games, but yeah, with little searching I could experience some of those mods before the 3rd in the series comes out...:lookaround:

MikeSCompUSA

DooM OwnS All

50 XP

25th May 2004

0 Uploads

20 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago
-Ghost-I'm assuming the mooning is gratitude? I use JDoom myself, and have becom addicted to it somehow...JDoom is a pretty fickle program, messing up whenever it feels like it, so I suggest you just reinstall everything into the Doomsday folder (You should use the default folder it creates), and let the installations take care of themselves, changing the folder can mess up where they go sometimes. What WADS are you using? Make sure they are JDoom compatible. Here's a link for more alternate packs for Jdoom: JDoom Model Yard I'm pretty sure a new version of the JDoom Resource pack wil come out soon, its a must have, along with the JDUI, and JDoom Environment Pack, which are both found Here Make sure you get JDUI and not JHUIm JHUI is for Heretic ;) . Its all pretty straightforward there, after you've managed to get lost a few dozen times... Just ask if you need more help.

I found out what the problem was I did reinstall it but nothing happend. So I read into somemore forums and I found out I need to create a savegame folder in run/jdoom so it can save to that current folder. The reason you half to do that is because the latest version forgot to put the save folder there. But some people that have the latest version didnt have the same problem as I did because they had later versions before so they patched it and so it kept the savegame folder. I may sound confusing :). Ghost you play multiplayer with Jdoom? I'm hosting 24/7 game if you wanna come :D. And yes Jdoom is addicting the enhanced graphics, Mouse Look, Jumping. And so much more.

-Ghost-

Phantom of the Forums

50 XP

20th August 2003

0 Uploads

19,146 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

Sorry, I didn't know that you were running an older version. I have the latest patch version. I don't recommend the new 1.8 alpha, it has some pretty complicated stuff in it, just wait for the official. That karma was for whoever can provide, if you know what I mean :D . BTW, Majic, you could probably merge this thread with my "Official" Doom Help thread, so it can help other people out.

MikeSCompUSA

DooM OwnS All

50 XP

25th May 2004

0 Uploads

20 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago
-Ghost-Sorry, I didn't know that you were running an older version. I have the latest patch version. I don't recommend the new 1.8 alpha, it has some pretty complicated stuff in it, just wait for the official. That karma was for whoever can provide, if you know what I mean :D . BTW, Majic, you could probably merge this thread with my "Official" Doom Help thread, so it can help other people out.

No no no. I just explained for other people that if they have the latest version you need to create a savegame folder. I downloaded the newest version of Jdoom thats the problem because the newer version didnt have the savegame folder but if u have an older version and patched to the newer version it keeps the savegame folder is what i meant :D. So if your new to Jdoom and u download the newest version u half to create a savegame folder in run/jdoom and your set. If you have an older version than there is no problems. :lurk: Anyways do u play multiplayer with jdoom?

-Ghost-

Phantom of the Forums

50 XP

20th August 2003

0 Uploads

19,146 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago

No, I don't do JDoom MP, my version of Doom is...incompatible...lets leave it at that.

MikeSCompUSA

DooM OwnS All

50 XP

25th May 2004

0 Uploads

20 Posts

0 Threads

#10 14 years ago

okie dokie