namjagerungbengi

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

21st July 2004

0 Uploads

7 Posts

0 Threads

#11 16 years ago

Keep in mind that they used OLD ATi drivers, look on hardocp. It says they used Cat 3.4 or something, not the new 4.7.

Nayrb

I post to get attention

50 XP

20th July 2004

0 Uploads

67 Posts

0 Threads

#12 16 years ago
Its a good deal from upgrading from a Radeon 9000.

The 9000 was to replace, actually a place holder cause my Nvidea Ti4200 just stoped working. Which is why I dont care for Nvidea anymore. I planned on getting somthing high end before Doom 3. As for the benchmark test with 3.0 Catalyst Drivers, I did not notice that. That makes a huge difference!

Μαjïç MushrøøM

I would die without GF

50 XP

29th November 2003

0 Uploads

14,599 Posts

0 Threads

#13 16 years ago

CorTholy shit. i just realised majic is in lancaster...

...thats pretty close...ish......

Why, do you live in the same area Cort?

suicidetheory

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

13th June 2004

0 Uploads

4 Posts

0 Threads

#14 16 years ago

Actually, you need not be worried as much about your GFX cards here. I am using a Radeon 9600 Pro with MAX settings on the following games; Farcry, UT2004, and Athena-Sword. My frame rate is flawless. But I've found that memory is almost as key as your GFX here as I now have 1 Gig of it and my load times are nothing and improved my fps by over 10. Also your processor makes the same if not more of a difference in fps than your GFX card does. All this talk about your GFX card improving fps can be misleading because some people have good cards but lower processor or memory so they will complain of crappy fps. You must make sure those parts compare before discussing the level of your GFX card.

Μαjïç MushrøøM

I would die without GF

50 XP

29th November 2003

0 Uploads

14,599 Posts

0 Threads

#15 16 years ago

That is indeed why I repeatedly encourage people to upgrade their RAM above all other components. That, along with the speed of your processor (which is, perhaps, the second most important upgradeable component), will make a significant difference in your framerates. :naughty:

The_Terminator

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

26th July 2004

0 Uploads

6 Posts

0 Threads

#16 16 years ago

Well, I just hope I get reasonable framerates with maxed out settings in Doom3......

..... will I ? Check out my system specs below and tell me if Im safe or not please.

Oompa

Battlefield 2

50 XP

14th July 2004

0 Uploads

2,650 Posts

0 Threads

#17 16 years ago

First off their is a Will My PC run doom3 thread and Second the only thing that can get you maxxed out seting is 2 6900 ultra runing side by side. But you should still get pretty good settings with a good framerate.

The Destroyer

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

26th July 2004

0 Uploads

2 Posts

0 Threads

#18 16 years ago

Hey Terminator... Doom 3 is MASSIVE ! I know for sure that with my Fx 5600 that I have to turn the settings to LOW ALL OF THEM but the 9800 Pro, I don't know ! One of my freind has the Hercules 3D Prophet 9800 Pro and on Far Cry with the settings maxed out he obtained a very reasonable frame rate... I don't know if you have Far Cry and if so did it run very smooth with the settings maxed out ?

So what I'm trying to say... Doom 3, will it be that more hardcore than Far Cry ? Just asking here !

The_Terminator

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

26th July 2004

0 Uploads

6 Posts

0 Threads

#19 16 years ago

Well, funnily enough, I tried Far Cry myself and the framerate is quite reasonable with all settings maxed out - just like your friend The Destroyer. Especially indoors.... while indoors, Far Cry goes ultra smooth and the graphics are spectacular. And this is one more question Id like to add. SInce Doom3 is most of the time INDOORS, will it provide better performance than Far Cry's OUTDOORS ?? Just wanted to bring up this comparison (no advertising intended), since Far Cry Outdoors obviously gets slightly slower on my PC since the GFX card has to process all those highly detailed HUGE open areas and so on. And so maybe the overall performance of Doom3 could be slightly better than Far Cry's overall performance, since Doom3 will consist basically of indoors. Just a thought, but am I right about this or what ?

The Destroyer

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

26th July 2004

0 Uploads

2 Posts

0 Threads

#20 16 years ago
The_TerminatorAnd this is one more question Id like to add. SInce Doom3 is most of the time INDOORS, will it provide better performance than Far Cry's OUTDOORS ??

Terminator to answer that question... Doom 3 will consist of mostly indoors, yes... but (I don't know if you seen gameplay movies) the indoors are much more complex than Far Cry's. 1. There are a lot of lights (alarms etc.). And so since the light turns the card has to render the moving shadows etc. 2. Doom 3 is not going to use textures, what they are using, (I think they are called Render Maps), are generated and calculat at the second and so there is the Card at work ! 3. As you may have seen on the gameplay videos, there are a lot of things that you can interect with and enemies break panels of ceiling etc. None of these can be seen in the indoors of Far Cry. Ok, ok, some maybe you'll see but not much ! Get my point ? Oh by the way ! -------------------------------------------------> I LOVE :Popcorn: :cya: LOL JUST A STUPID JOKE ! :cya: