wank0r

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

24th March 2003

0 Uploads

3 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

I just downloaded the WildWest1.4 update thing , and I start it and it keep saying

This will install Next Start ? wtf ? but when I start the zip file it says its wildest ?

Hewster

WildWest Creator

50 XP

26th October 2002

0 Uploads

1,044 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

Hi,

Sounds like the download has been corupted.. which mirror site did you download it from ?

Hewster

wank0r

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

24th March 2003

0 Uploads

3 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

all of them , Tried on 3 different PC's , in the end just right clicked , extract using winrar and problem sorted

Hewster

WildWest Creator

50 XP

26th October 2002

0 Uploads

1,044 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

I am confused, you shouldn't need to extract anything, its all done automatically ?

what OS do you use ? what file are you downloading ?

If you are using Windows, then you should be downloading the WildWest1.14a_patch.exe

If you are using windows, and you download the Linux file WildWest1.14a_patch.tar.gz and try to un-zip you will get problems as its for Linux, not Windows!

Still I'm glad you got it sorted.

Hewster

wank0r

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

24th March 2003

0 Uploads

3 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

using Windows XP

yep I know you shouldn't have to extract , and yes that is the file I downloaded , I have 2 Linux and 4 Window's PC's , Linux worked fine , I downloaded every Windows 1.4 version and kept getting it , I think it's a confliction with a file of a similar name , but if anyone else has this problem just download WinRAR , right click on the .exe 1.4a update and click extract files , that will extract all the 1.4a files to the directory of the same name , then just click setup and install , works great