Help, please! -1 reply

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 13 years ago

Forgive me in advance for wasting your time, but I'm totally new to PC games. I want to use a few mods for the game but I'm not sure what exactly to do. How and where do I install the files? Again, sorry for such a question.

Μαjïç MushrøøM

I would die without GF

50 XP

29th November 2003

0 Uploads

14,599 Posts

0 Threads

#2 13 years ago

You do not have to be afraid to ask such a question on these forum Scott, relax. We all start somewhere. ;)

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#3 13 years ago

Wow, okay that post was useless.

Now can someone answer the man's question? How do you add mods exactly? Please

glory77

Born yesterday but up all nite

50 XP

23rd August 2002

0 Uploads

454 Posts

0 Threads

#4 13 years ago

When you download the mod, there's usually a 'readme' file somewhere in the package you've downloaded, which will give you instructions on how and where to install the mod. You can also ask here for help, and or you can contact the author of the mod for questions. Good luck and have fun, and like Majic Mushroom said, don't be afraid to ask any type of question. It's all a process of learning and passing on what you know. :)

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#5 13 years ago

Wow, you guys took that much better than expected. Thanks.

DEADEYE

Wild west mod of RTCW

50 XP

23rd April 2003

0 Uploads

3,213 Posts

0 Threads

#6 13 years ago

Yes thats what were here for m8 .:nodding: . when you download a mod , there is a read me .. on console commands to exec the mod ~ that gives helpfull info good luck dude :cya: Ps nice to see you over in the WILD WEST corner MAGIC MUSHROOM :cya: cheers Ian :beer:

Μαjïç MushrøøM

I would die without GF

50 XP

29th November 2003

0 Uploads

14,599 Posts

0 Threads

#7 13 years ago
DEADEYEnice to see you over in the WILD WEST corner MAGIC MUSHROOM :cya:

:wave:

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#8 13 years ago

For a more direct answer to your question, in order to install a mod, you usually have to do one of two things: 1. take the .pk4 file and put it in the doom 3/base directory, this will make the mod start in the normal game. Not recomanded. 2. Make a new folder in you doom 3 directory, name it whatever you want the mod to be called, and put the .pk4 in there. Then start up Doom 3, and from the main menu, choose MODS, and select the mod.

Gift

unDutchable

50 XP

23rd February 2004

0 Uploads

6,449 Posts

0 Threads

#9 13 years ago
Killinplayer2. Make a new folder in you doom 3 directory, name it whatever you want the mod to be called, and put the .pk4 in there. Then start up Doom 3, and from the main menu, choose MODS, and select the mod.

Hey that's a good tip. I did never know that. Thank you!

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#10 13 years ago
Hey that's a good tip. I did never know that. Thank you!

Were you being sarcsastic? If not, then you're welcome.