dj1flip4

I

50 XP

19th November 2004

0 Uploads

14 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

WHenever i play doom3 (SP or MP), everything runs fine until after maybe 30 seconds where the game crashes to the desktop w/out ne critical errors or ne thing. also, the brightness of my monitor goes way up when the game crashes. ive tried reinstalling already and the probem still persists, though i havent tried the installing the patch since i cant get my nightmare savegames to work correctly w/ the patch installed

meeshu

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

18th August 2004

0 Uploads

16 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

Possibly corrupted and/or modified files. I had similar problem. Uninstall Doom3. Then delete Doom3 directory! Reinstall Doom3 and see how you go.

dj1flip4

I

50 XP

19th November 2004

0 Uploads

14 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

how could just deleting the directory b ne different than reinstalling? and if i do delete the directory, can i move my saves somewhere else then back again to the doom3 folder after the reinstall and still get the desired effect? or will ihave to do those over too?:uhm:

meeshu

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

18th August 2004

0 Uploads

16 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

I found that the directory contained some files still (they did not uninstall), so I deleted the directory and it's files. In your case, you could check Doom3 directory after uninstallation to see if there are any files remaining. If so, delete them! Save files could be copied/moved elsewhere before uninstalling Doom3 and deleting directory. However, the save files may be corrupted and they may be causing your problems! So, you could save the save files; uninstall Doom3 and delete the directory (if necessary). Reinstall Doom3. Try playing it and see if there are any problems. If not, copy/move the previously saved save files over to Doom3 and try playing again. Another possibility is if you have two or more mods installed, they might not work together nicely, and they may also cause your problems. In this case you will have to try installing one mod at a time and see if problems occur. You may find that you might have to do without one or more mods if you are wanting stable game play. Good luck!