T3h Piti

Where is this.

50 XP

9th March 2007

0 Uploads

3,087 Posts

0 Threads

#21 11 years ago

from what i know that's called porting? mayhaps? it's illegal, the best way would to just make your own models. :lookaround:

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#22 11 years ago

a member of our mod is makeing the model all alone.(from scratch) but it looks a bit like the trooper from star wars battlefron 2

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#23 11 years ago

i will show you something in the upkoming week

Junk angel

Huh, sound?

166,880 XP

29th January 2007

0 Uploads

15,678 Posts

0 Threads

#24 11 years ago
i have an question i know that there is a star wars copyright. but can i make a star wars/40k race or wont the copyright let me do that. if i use a model of star wars for an mod can i use that model for my mod for an 40k starw ars race or must i have a total conversion in oder to use the models

That would be IP infringement I believe. Of both the SW ip as well as the GW one. Even if you took Wh40k stormtroopers, made them have black/white skin and be called the 501'st, the primarchs fist or something, it would also be probably taking it too far.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#25 11 years ago

what do you mean with too far. to far in galaxy. to far that it cant be done. to far that it could be done.

Sekmet

Fear my Pussy!

50 XP

7th July 2005

0 Uploads

770 Posts

0 Threads

#26 11 years ago
badgut;4598281i have an question i know that there is a star wars copyright. but can i make a star wars/40k race or wont the copyright let me do that. if i use a model of star wars for an mod can i use that model for my mod for an 40k starw ars race or must i have a total conversion in oder to use the models and like wraithcat said can i do a star wars meet 40k without defile copyright

it's non for profit mod so copyright dont mean shit, cmon wtf can lucus do sue you for a huge amount of no cash?.. u got nothing to worry about. good luck with it... i cant see u finnishing it tho, too unfluffy, nice IG model tho

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#27 11 years ago

well if i cant find a good coder then this mod is gonna close. the models are no problem. and textures not a problem. animatieing would be a problem but our modeller is trying to animate.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#28 11 years ago

thanks sekmet

Junk angel

Huh, sound?

166,880 XP

29th January 2007

0 Uploads

15,678 Posts

0 Threads

#29 11 years ago
it's non for profit mod so copyright dont mean shit, cmon wtf can lucus do sue you for a huge amount of no cash?.. u got nothing to worry about. good luck with it... i cant see u finnishing it tho, too unfluffy, nice IG model tho

First of all you can receive a cease and desist request from whatever party involved - in this case most likely GW as they are the ones far more interested in their IP and these IP limitations came from them in the first place. And if you don't follow this cease and desists order, they would probably press charges of IP theft.

Also were you to post about such a mod on relicnews and a number of other sites more closely attached to DOW, you would probably get a thread lock as a mod infringing the IP.

Indeed this isn't relicnews and those other sites, but it would be still good to follow at least to some extent the rules of IP.

Not everything that's non-profit is lawfull at the same time.

Just take a look at every single mod (for a non-blizzard engine) of a starcraft TC. Every single one of them got a cease and desist from blizzard.

I think copyright is probably the most important thing. And not due to cost in money, but the intellectual copyright in itself. How would you feel, if someone messed up (with that I want to say I'm implying that this mod would do such) something you created.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#30 11 years ago

wraitcat dont worry. our clone trooper models dont even looks like a lucasarts one look here: StormTrooper-Test_Render-07.jpg