Flash525

The Carbon Comrade

50 XP

14th July 2004

0 Uploads

15,103 Posts

0 Threads

#1 10 years ago

In the original Dawn of War game, players were given the choice of four distinctive 40k races: The Space Marines, The Chaos Marines, The Eldar, and The Orks. Following on from the original game, we were given Winter Assault, of which gave us the Imperial Guard. What followed after that was Dark Crusade, of which gave us both the Tau Empire, and the Necrons. Finally, within Soulstorm, we were given The Dark Eldar, and Sisters of Battle. From the release of the original game, all the way up to Soulstorm, and even now, people have added to the game. Be it single units, such as Veteran Squads of Land Raider Crusaders, or fully playable species, such as the Daemon Hunters and Tau. Soulstorm is officially the last expansion pack for the Dawn of War sega. This ultimately leaves the DoW sega incomplete. We are missing two fundamental races, the Tyranids, and the Daemon Hunters. Tyranids have been done. I honestly couldn't give a crap what Relic have said. The Tyranid team have obviously managed to do it, therefore, in my humble opinion, it can be done, granted it may not be perfect, but to an extend, the Tyranids are possible. Anyway, nothing solid just yet, I am curious however to know if anyone (at all) would be interested in getting together to work on a total completion. This would add all eleven (11) races, along with various units and upgrades, of which many feel have been missed. I'm not too bothered about what people can and can't do right now, I've never even modified my Dawn of War game, not even added a map. All I am interested in for the moment, is to find out who would be interested in aiding with a total completion modification.

Grand Master Bean

I'm too cool to not Post

50 XP

14th January 2008

0 Uploads

247 Posts

0 Threads

#2 10 years ago

yet again you missed a race CHAOS DAEMONS but i do agree it needs finishing. But, DoWII is just around the corner ;)

T3h Piti

Where is this.

50 XP

9th March 2007

0 Uploads

3,087 Posts

0 Threads

#3 10 years ago
Grand Master Bean;4365532yet again you missed a race CHAOS DAEMONS but i do agree it needs finishing. But, DoWII is just around the corner ;)

DOWII will start from the beginning once again, there will only be 4 factions

Grand Master Bean

I'm too cool to not Post

50 XP

14th January 2008

0 Uploads

247 Posts

0 Threads

#4 10 years ago

yes but we don't know exactly which races are going to be in it (as far as i can tell only SM and Orks are guaranteed due to screenies and videos i've seen)

biggaygal

I am the hammer

50 XP

25th January 2007

0 Uploads

28 Posts

0 Threads

#5 10 years ago

Dawn of War: 40,000 - Total Completion this would be a great idea, totally agree dow needs completing. i would like to see 3 mod teams atempt it they are; Inquisition daemonhunt team tyranids mod team and lights of the warp team that is if they would, personally that would be a good team

Grand Master Bean

I'm too cool to not Post

50 XP

14th January 2008

0 Uploads

247 Posts

0 Threads

#6 10 years ago

But You Still Need Daemons

Flash525

The Carbon Comrade

50 XP

14th July 2004

0 Uploads

15,103 Posts

0 Threads

#7 10 years ago
Grand Master Bean;4365532yet again you missed a race CHAOS DAEMONS[/quote]You'd get Daemons if you were to play as Chaos. Should a project like this go ahead, players would make a research selection, choosing one of the four Chaos Gods. Would be much alike the Tau, choosing between the Monk'ta and Kaygon (spelling) command posts. You'd pick one, and you'd only be able to follow on from that tech tree. IE: If you choose Nurgle, you'd be able to use Plague Marines, but you wouldn't be able to use the others, like Khorne Beserkers etc unless you actually choose Khorne over Nurgle etc.
Grand Master Bean;4365532but i do agree it needs finishing. But, DoWII is just around the corner
Oddslayer;4365544DOWII will start from the beginning once again, there will only be 4 factions
Grand Master Bean;4365557yes but we don't know exactly which races are going to be in it (as far as i can tell only SM and Orks are guaranteed due to screenies and videos i've seen)
From screenshots and video footage, only two races have been made official, that is the Orks, and Space Marines. There is no proof of Chaos, Eldar, Guard or anyone else yet. [quote=biggaygal;4365760]i would like to see 3 mod teams atempt it they are; Inquisition daemonhunt team tyranids mod team and lights of the warp team

Ultimately, I guess it would be better to wait for these teams ti finish their work, and then compile them together somehow (providing we're allowed too).

Tarik_GK

Autarch Kyoan Larin

50 XP

23rd April 2008

0 Uploads

11 Posts

0 Threads

#8 10 years ago

all 11 would also have the Witch hunters... The sisters of battle ARE NOT the witch hunters, yes they are one of main elements of the Witch hunters but they in themselfs do not make up the WH's (sorry i hated how people bitched that about the SoB not having Witch hunters stuff like inqusitor's and Storm troopers, SoB are an organsation within themselfs the Adepta Sororitas and are apart of the Ecclesiarchy). I'd think to really make a total Completion of all 11 races you would either have to change the Sisters into the full WH's army or make WH's as an entirely different army from the SoB, though that might just be my veiw as 40k lore horde ^^;

Grand Master Bean

I'm too cool to not Post

50 XP

14th January 2008

0 Uploads

247 Posts

0 Threads

#9 10 years ago
You'd get Daemons if you were to play as Chaos. Should a project like this go ahead, players would make a research selection, choosing one of the four Chaos Gods. Would be much alike the Tau, choosing between the Monk'ta and Kaygon (spelling) command posts. You'd pick one, and you'd only be able to follow on from that tech tree. IE: If you choose Nurgle, you'd be able to use Plague Marines, but you wouldn't be able to use the others, like Khorne Beserkers etc unless you actually choose Khorne over Nurgle etc.

But chaos space marines and chaos daemons are different races. They are independant, with their own codices Horrors should be removed from CSMs and a full daemons race should be made (which someone is doing apparently) with all of the daemons and gods. Yup, the daemons race is huge :)

Khornekrusher

Go me!

50 XP

15th October 2006

0 Uploads

221 Posts

0 Threads

#10 10 years ago

The idea of this project is of course easily feasible. I mean if you actually check this thread: RelicNews Forums - Combiner mod

It actually explains how you can Combine mods together with relative ease as well as providing an already complete version.

The project you suggest is actually really easy to do considering everything you need is basically already done.

The only problems with this is: 1) None of the race mods are currently built for SS I.E no flyer's etc. So you may have to wait a while. Or remove flyer's. 2) You WOULD need all of the mod teams permission.. which I don't know how easy it would be. I'm sure you all realize this. :) 3) If you want to include new units for other races. It would be scary to balance. Many would not appreciate it for what it is. However including a few new units for each would be fine I'm sure.

PS: I may as well comment that I would help where I could. It does sound a good project.