macno

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

17th November 2006

0 Uploads

24 Posts

0 Threads

#1 11 years ago

Ive got this one problem with this map im working on when i go to test it out on dark crusade my all the units can just go though the walls and all over the map its says black terrain can anyone help me plz:(

elfurreto

Psykonots Of The DarZone.

50 XP

8th June 2006

0 Uploads

422 Posts

0 Threads

#2 11 years ago

Hellooooo !! FileFront... Lurking in the shadow... as always... Hi Buddy, Forget the first part, i'm just lonely here in the Dark Ok The thing about you're unit is because you need to set an "impass map" in you map, Fear not it's REALLY EASY TO DO and WE ALL did the mistake too on our first try, Solution: In the ME ( mission Editor ) you'll see a Traffic Light icon, click it, and than manualy set the area to be block to impassable I need to go right now, but i'll check the rest in 1/2 hours,

Junk angel

Huh, sound?

166,880 XP

29th January 2007

0 Uploads

15,678 Posts

0 Threads

#3 11 years ago

And just what do you mean with

says black terrain

elfurreto

50 XP

8th June 2006

0 Uploads

422 Posts

0 Threads

#4 11 years ago

Adim : Sorry for 2x-posting.... 1 minute too late too edit the other... ( sight ) About the Black Terrain... ?? i don't remember something about that, I'll tell you a few thing the you should keep in mind While making your map, ( and Again we ALL DID that misstake ) On the Main Tool Bar Are : Overlay--Terrain Type Which will show you the "play area" in red checker, you'll only Be able to Build you're base as well as place gameplay thing there. the rest ( not red shaded ) is to set a nice looking background.... But it's up to you. "toggle Overlay" usefull cause it will "toggle" ImpassEditor Map, Usefull when using the Heightmap Editor. Scenario----> Terrain Propreties : There you'll find several thing to play with. But First change Those : 1) Set Fog Distance, Start to 1000 / End to 0 ( you'll see by yourself :O) 2) Set Sky Radius to 512m !!!! BLACK TERRAIN.... ok i get it. Scenario---> Scenario Propreties : Map Name : This will be the name Show in the Skirmish Map selection. Map Type : Set this to SKIRMISH / MULTIPLAYER MAP Cheer dude, and never fear to ask for help, WE ALL DID. PM (private message ) Me if you need something later on dude. The One and Only... EL Furreto.

macno

50 XP

17th November 2006

0 Uploads

24 Posts

0 Threads

#5 11 years ago

thx for you help and it wasnt black terrain i meant blocking terrain:)

elfurreto

50 XP

8th June 2006

0 Uploads

422 Posts

0 Threads

#6 11 years ago

Blocking Terrain, also in the ME, look for an icon name Terrain Type, I lack the experience with this tool, cause i'm not into mapping anymore. So i suggest asking for a more experience mapper to explain you how it can be "put to good use" If you need more info... just ask,

macno

50 XP

17th November 2006

0 Uploads

24 Posts

0 Threads

#7 11 years ago

thank you for all your help

but have this other problem i was woundering if any one can help me with is that with quiet a few of the objects to put on the map i can only the stuff were the computer wants it not were i want it to go so if anyone can help i will be grateful

macno

50 XP

17th November 2006

0 Uploads

24 Posts

0 Threads

#8 11 years ago

thank you for all your help but have this other problem i was woundering if any one can help me with is that with quiet a few of the objects to put on the map i can only put the stuff were the computer wants it not were i want it to go so if anyone can help i will be grateful

elfurreto

50 XP

8th June 2006

0 Uploads

422 Posts

0 Threads

#9 11 years ago

You mean when placing object on the map ?? when placing an something it should also show a red shaded squad "selection icon" for that Object. By click&Hold to drag By holding either the Left or Right button of you're mouse, you'll either drag or rotate this object. Try this and if you need specific info, try to Google Relic Wiki, or next time i see you around i'll give you a link to it, anyway you need to register ( for free ) at www.Relic.com and then click the RND logo up right, Later dude, keep us informed about you're coming Maps. http://dawnofwar.filefront.com/ check that out too, LOT of great maps and mod. you can also look for Coral Cliff and Across Border :naughty: which are my first and second maps.... LoL Cya

macno

50 XP

17th November 2006

0 Uploads

24 Posts

0 Threads

#10 11 years ago

thx for the info