I asked this question elsewhere, but got quite confused as the thread kind of went majorly off-subject. :uhm:
I want to start off my mod by doing something easy, like making the Chaplain Attachable to units of Marines and Termies maybe even try to add Guardsmen to the IG Command Squad to give them survivability. Then, once I get the hang of the easy stuff, go onto the main part of my mod by setting up the "Characters" with jump pack/ termie armor upgrades (which I am currently modelling). What I need is for someone who is good with these new mod tools to help me out with a step-by-step on how to make the Chaplain attachable to units.
I haven't tried to mod anything since before the 1.3 patch. Please help a newbie out. :bows:
I saw your other post but there was one a few days earlier that explained how to do this...you must of just missed it. http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?t=80587 If anything is not clear just ask here and I'll help you out. I owe you a favour or two from your modelling tips ;)
Just looked at your thread and see that you have already seen the thread I just posted and also see where the problem is....I think. I asume you have set up your 'My_Mod' folders as in the tools readme so have you datageneric/My_Mod folder in place or whatever you have re-named yours as. When this is done copy the whole set of attrib luas that I'm told came with the new tools (I'm still using the WA set that excedrin extracted) into your datageneric/My_Mod/data folder. You can then edit the luas directly like we did back in the 1.2 days and then save. Then open up the AE, if you have set up all the 'My_Mod' folders correctly you should be able to select your 'My_Mod' project, when this finaly loads up (good time to go and make a cup of coffee or grab another tinnie) select the luas you have just edited one at a time and burn one file to binary, select the next one, burn one to binary. The advantage of doing it this way is that only the new altered rgd files are in your mod folder not the whole set which is what would happen if you burnt all to binary. You can of course edit the luas in the AE directly and if you select save this just saves the changes to the lua in the same way as if you had edited with a text editor. I prefer to edit the luas by notepad first as it's easier to see all entries like the old 1.2 system but it's just which you are most comfortable with. I hope this has helped....or it may have confused you even more, lol if you still struggle I'll do the files for you if you like, just let me know. :cya:
So you copied it to your modtools/datageneric/Chaplain_Mod folder?
Wish I could stay a bit longer to help if needed but it's 10 to 3 in the morning here and work tomorrow so I've got to catch some zzz's If you like I can be online from 10.00 pm to 1.00am GMT tomorrow if you have any more queries. I'll check in the morning too. cya
Okey dokey, I'll monkey around with it some more. Maybe I didn't burn it right or something
EDIT to last post: I just tested it out, and nothing... not working yet.
I find the AE useful to verify luas are valid and for doing small corections that you can find straight away but for larger jobs or - as in this case - things that you are not sure off, its far easier to edit the actual luas. You could have looked at the Chaplain and Force Commander luas and seen the entry concerned (can_attatch) added it in the lua, saved and then opened the AE and the entry would have been visable. Burn to binary and job done. It's much easier that way as you can see whats what with a lua but in the AE if a line/entry is missing it just doesn't show up as you know ;) Sorry I couldn't stay up later last night but glad you got it sorted. The models looking awesome :D