Version v0.5 released 01.10.05 This Mod is dedicated to the Ordo Malleus the Daemonhunters of the Inquisition and it's Chamber Militant, the Grey Knights. As a Inquisitor Lord you have also access to inducted Imperial Guard troops (Cadian regiments). Download the DHs Mod Get the latest version of Daemonhunters Mod (version 0.3) exclusive from our partner website www.DOWFiles.com
Daemonhunters Mod - Release V0.5 - Officio Assassinorum Edition http://dawnofwar.filefront.com/file/Daemonhunters_Exclusive;35886 (19 MB)
Highlights: - Officio Assassinorum (Vindicare, Culexus, Callidus and Eversor Assassins) - We had a complete code review on all GK and Cadian/Inquisitorial researches. We now guarantee that these researches are useful and worth the costs and to give you a hint, they are now a “must have” for all of you. - Explanation of the new Tech-Tree. We decided to create our own tech-tree and don’t stick to the Space Marines tech-tree as we did in the previous releases. This will be a lot of fun, once you worked out, how to use it. In order to help you, to get familiar to it, we ship a tech-tree description. - Problems to survive the first waves of enemy forces has been addressed and in our judgment been solved.
Daemonhunters Mod Installer support: If you have trouble installing our Mod, send a private Message to DBN. He is the developer of the Installer and will give advice and support Daemonhunters Mod - Battle Brothers: www.innocence-proves-nothing.com Lead Coder - OrdoMalleus (Germany) Single Player Storyline - DarkWraith72 (USA) Single Player Storyline - AdamBomb (United Kingdom) Installation - DBN (United Kingdom) Download Hosting - Kurti (Germany) Tester - AdamBomb (United Kingdom) Tester - akitoscorpio Tester - Mars_3K Modeler - frod Modeler - MaestroRobertus (Germany) Design - sroF (Austria) Design - Kanjinan (France) Map Artist - DER_julu (Germany) Map Artist - KingKong (Germany) Screenshots - Mars_3K
we need your help ... join up
Allied Forces: - KRMZ (France) (code i.e. Assassins) - DeatsHeadIII (USA) - CADster (freelance modeler) - HIS Righteous Mod of the Imperial Guard (models) - dragorago (Germany) (models) - Morat - Aralez (map artist) - ShadowCouncil (map artist)
Due to some responses I got I would like to say_ "do not fear the psyker". There is more in life than DoW or this mod, we are all doing this just for the fun of it in our spare time. Most of us have a job and /or family which they hold dear. Each mod member will contribute as he wishes and can 'afford' to do. So if you would like to help - in any way - please contact me via private message or e-mail [email="OrdoMalleus@innocence-proves-nothing.com"]OrdoMalleus@innocence-proves-nothing.com[/email].
Release Notes v0.5 - Officio Assassinorum Edition
- Officio Assassinorum (Vindicare, Culexus, Callidus and Eversor Assassins) - We had a complete code review on all GK and Cadian/Inquisitorial researches. We now guarantee that these researches are useful and worth the costs and to give you a hint, they are now a “must have” for all of you. - Explanation of the new Tech-Tree. We decided to create our own tech-tree and don’t stick to the Space Marines tech-tree as we did in the previous releases. This will be a lot of fun, once you worked out, how to use it. In order to help you, to get familiar to it, we ship a tech-tree description. - Problems to survive the first waves of enemy forces has been addressed and in our judgment been solved.
- honorable Inquisitor’s Familiar Grants the psychic power “Smite” to it’s master, as long as the familiar is still alive. Has no ranged weapons, only very basic close combat abilities - Officio Assassinorum – new building where you can recruit: Vindicare, Culexus, Callidus and Eversor Assassins. - New textures for: GK Dreadnought, GK Land Raider, Rhino, Thunderhawk - Capture points now will show the Inquisitorial banners - Inquisitorial Storm troopers and Inducted Cadian Platoons now have a squad leader upgrade (Veteran Sergeant – who can be equipped with Melta-Bombs) - Inquisitorial Storm troopers can be equipped with Frag Genades
- squad_cap_usage for Inquisitorial henchman has been set to 1 instead of 2, thus more units will be available without costly upgrades (i.e. Squad Increase) - new unit “honorable Inquisitor’s Henchman” 4-9, with the Familiar as squad leader upgrade - Call-upon “global” upgrades in the HQ Thunderhawk have been removed. They were introduced, in order to establish mutually exclusive conditions. But it seems that this feature is not supported by the DoW engine – even if there are hints in the code itself .. new use: build the desired building and recruit the available units - We got complains that we offer to much researches and that they are kind of confusion. To ease this flaw we provide a detailed tech-tree description and made some researches automatically – they will be available as soon as the needed tier level is reached via HQ upgrade. - Inquisitorial Storm troopers and Inducted Cadian Platoon are now automatically equipped with frag-grenades as you reach tier level 1. (the cost have been added to the HQ upgrade) - Cadian Veteran Sergeant and Justicar are now automatically equipped with melta-bomb as you reach tier level 2. (the cost have been added to the HQ upgrade) - GK had access to frag-grenades, well they shouldn’t so this ability was removed - New icons to meet our CI - Inquisitorial Henchman – Skull Probe don’t suffer the HPs loss any more, but therefore does no longer posses the sabotage ability. They will merely add to the attached units sight radius – very good feature for long rang weapon teams. - Researches for the GK vehicles were too powerful. They have been split into level 1 and 2 with less overall “impact”. - honorable Inquisitor should have been a command unit, but did not have this armour type and thus was very vulnerable to most other enemy units. Now he possesses the better armour value and also gained 100 HPs. This should help you to survive the first enemy waves till Grey Knights are available. - The Psychic Power Smite – granted through the presence of a familiar – increases the power of the honorable Inquisitor furthermore.
Please note: I tried several games - without using GK - and had not the slightest chance against Difficult Chaos Forces. Challenging with GKs – they are your army’s backbone!
Hint: Research the Inq. Health and Accuracy Research because your honorable Inquisitor will profit from this as well. (i.e. the “Carapace armour” research Level 1will rise his health from 850 to 1020 HPs. – the usual 20% bonus granted through such a research.)
- Problems with the display of researches has been fixed. - Rhino can now transport units again, this ability was unavailable
Grey Knights - Battle Brothers Edition v0.45
- Costs (time and Res) for Call-Upon Add-Ons were reduced - honorable Inquisitor now profits from research InqCad and Commander Health upgrades - A special deep-strike squad of GKs is available as long as you own at least one relic. The squad is deployed with maximal amount of GKs, thus make them the choice to be send into the heat of battle - A special GK Terminator Deep-Strike squad is available if a GK Grand Master is present. This squad (one of each type: normal and assault) will be deployed with max squad strength (6 Terminators). - GK Justicar und GK Brother Captain now uses Storm Bolters - Melta-Bomb research for GK Justicar - Sergeant Upgrades now affect GK Justicar and GK Brother Captain - Sergeant Ranged Upgrades Storm Bolter is now Psycannon Bolts - I took a closer look at the Weapon upgrades of Daemonhunters Command units and found some inconsistencies that result in a weaker Inquisitor Lord once the Sergeant Melee Upgrade was effective. These issue was addresses and fixed.. now there is an increase in power and damage. - GK Terminators and Justicar use now the same Nemesis Force Weapon – which is a power weapon. Thus GK Terminators do less damage in close combat unless you have completed the “Nemesis Force Weapon Research” which is highly recommended for GK forces! - GK Terminator squad can now have a GB Brother Captain as Squad leader upgrade - I just realised that Coteaz can have up to 15 henchman with max 4 of each kind, thus the numbers have been adapted (i.e. 4 weapon upgrades) - GK do not receive a fixed bonus of 60 HPs due to their Aegis suites but get a multiplier of 1.2 (nothing changes for GK squads, but “better” units get more HPs) - Moral Bonus for GK Justicar, Brother Captain and Grand Master were slightly increased. Expression the “inspiration” GKs profit from when one of their leaders is around. - GK vehicle research: “Sacred Hull” (all GK vehicles), “Blessed Fist” (Dreadnought)
Bug fixes: - GK accuracy upgrade research (level 1 and 2) were troublesome .. now fixed and recommended - Accuracy of GK melee weapon was too low - Upgrade Level 2 of the CadInq “Sharpshooter Doctrine” was useless, now fixed and recommended to use ;-)
Release Notes v0.4
Highlights: We tried to make the Daemonhunters adhere more to their codex and the fluff that is described there. (i.e.: GK Deep Strike, GK Nemesis Force Weapons, Assassins, Decision which ally to call upon by an Inquisitor)
Changes: - Altered Tech-Tree: (now similar to Eldar Aspect Portal) Inquisitor now has the choice to use Grey Knights and/or Inducted Imperial Guard. Access to these units is granted via an add-on of the HQ. You no longer need an Armoury to build Grey Knights. Just requisite them in the HQ. Death-Cult Assassins and Officio Assassinorum (Vindicare Assassins) are available at HQ Level 1 - Exterminatus Activatus (Orbital Relay) is now already available at HQ Level 1. Taking into account that Grey Knights possess the special ability to Deep Strike their troops (teleport them into position where they are needed most) even if a ”normal” would not allow this option. GK Terminators und Exterimatus still need a HQ Level 2.
- Nemesis Force Weapon Upgrade for Grey Knights (Level 1 and 2) - Gk psycannon did not fire while moving. It might haven only been a display problem, but to be sure we now use the plasma gun as psycannon placeholder. - You need at least one relic to requisite a GK Grand Master
Bug Fixes: - Lord Inquisitor now automatically gains the psychic power „Smite“ as soon as the HQ is upgraded to HQ Level 1. - Some weapon codes still used Space Marines values. These errors were fixed. - GK Terminator Psybolter missed each time termi moves. - Now only GK units and no other Daemonhunters units can use the deep strike ability.
Credits: - The Taskbar was provided by KRMZ
Battle brothers, it has been a very good week for the Daemonhunters Mod. The Emperors light really shone on us.
We were able to make the first move getting the models, we all like to see in the Daemonhunters Mod. frod joined the Mod team as modeller. CADster offered his help as freelance modeller and last but not least the Mod Team around Emperors Teeth (HIS Righteous Mod of the Imperial Guard) will share their models with us. We are in deep dept to those brothers-in-arms. Take a look at the preview at http://www.innocence-proves-nothing.com/frameset_s.asp?page=3dmodels.asp
We also teamed up with DOWFiles to give Daemonhunters Mod users a place to get free additional goodies for DOW.
And we are proud to offer you the latest Daemonhunters Mod version 0.3 with lots of new units and features (multiplayer, research for Grey Knights and Inquisition and Imperial Guard,…) We put the Daemonhunters through Hell and back. Too many battle-brothers were lost, but the prize was worth all the agony. We consider this release to have the up most quality, we could provide.
Get the latest version of Daemonhunters Mod (version 0.3) exclusive from our partner website www.DOWFiles.com
Daemonhunters DOWFiles Edition (0.3 Exclusive!) http://dawnofwar.filefront.com/file/Daemonhunters_DOWFiles_Edition;33694
Greetings Battle Brothers
I’m back on stage .. and ready to rock!
DeathsHeadIII submitted some changes (i.e. upgrade for GK squad and Nemesis Force Weapons) that will be integrated in the mod soon.
I’m experimenting with some upgrades and new features myself. And I hope that KRMZ will publish some of his code as well.
Thus I think we will release a technical preview next week.
are there any plans to make a campaign usin the Ordo Malleus? cos that would be well worth waiting for it if there was. :bows:
I don't know if this is the write place to post this, but your mod has really messed up my pc. Whenever I tried to enter DoW it closed to desktop on the loading screen. This was on the 1.1 patch. I then installed patch 1.2 but there was no difference. Due to the lack of uninstall option on your mod I tried to erase the files by hand, and then reinstalled DoW. When I started the game again (no patch) there was the same problem. What should I do? Will I ever be able to access the game again? Note: I do not have a grudge against your mod or it's creators, it just doesn't work!
Hi Xenodude, I would be interested whether this problem was sorted out as I was thinking of installing this myself. Did you contact OrdoMalleus direct and maybe he would like to comment here so we all know where we stand. The mod looks really cool and I was going to install it this weekend but now will wait a few days. anybody else had any problems and could this all have been problems with patches rather than this mod?
Xenodudei and Danimatori Installer suport is now available at http://clanforums.relicnews.com/viewtopic.php?t=3603
Daemonhunters Mod Installer support: If you have trouble installing our Mod, send a private Message to DBN. He is the developer of the Installer and will give advice and support
Daemonhunters Mod announces merge with French Mod run by KRMZ and Kanjinan
We are proud to announce that we have teamed up with our Allied Forces KRMZ and Kanjinan – both formerly run an independent Daemonhunters Mod. Both Mod Teams considered to serve the Dawn of War community most, if we merge our Mod and put all our efforts in one big project. All of us put a lot of blood, sweat and tears in our own Mods and the fact that both Mods had completely different tech-trees nearly prevented the get-together. But in the end we made it.
As a first result and preview of upcoming highlights we included KRMZ and Kanjinan Death Cult Assassins. The complete merge will be available in the release v0.5 scheduled early 2005.
• v0.5 - Officio Assassinorum (Culexus, Vindicare, Eversor and Callidus Assassins) • v0.6 - Internationalisation - available languages: English, German, French • v1.0 - Single Player Campaign
Latest Daemonhunters Mod (0.4) http://dawnofwar.filefront.com/file/Daemon_Hunters_Exclusive;34683
Release Notes v0.4
• HQ is now the Inquisitor’s Thunderhawk Drop-Ship (the inquisitor has arrived) • Inquisitors are now available immediately, Inquisitor Lord requires at least one relic • Altered Tech-Tree: (now similar to Eldar Aspect Portal) Inquisitor now has the choice to use Grey Knights and/or Inducted Imperial Guard. Access to these units is granted via an add-on of the HQ. You no longer need an Armoury to build Grey Knights. Just requisite them in the HQ. • Exterminatus Activatus (Orbital Relay) is now already available at HQ Level 1. Taking into account that Grey Knights possess the special ability to Deep Strike their troops (teleport them into position where they are needed most) even if a ”normal” scenario would not allow this option. GK Terminators und Exterimatus still need a HQ Level 2. • Nemesis Force Weapon Upgrade for Grey Knights (Level 1 and 2) • Gk psycannon did not fire while moving. It might haven only been a display problem, but to be sure we now use the plasma gun as psycannon placeholder. • You need at least one relic to requisite a GK Grand Master
• Lord Inquisitor now automatically gains the psychic power „Smite“ as soon as the HQ is upgraded to HQ Level 1. • Some weapon codes still used Space Marines values. These errors were fixed. • GK Terminator Psybolter missed each time termi moves. • Now only GK units and no other Daemonhunters units can use the deep strike ability. • GK Psycannon was much too expensive. In codex it is twice as costly as a heavy bolter. That’s the way we will keep it in the Mod as well. (Req. 80, Power 20)