If I make a mod, how do i submit it? I use Corsix Mod Studio, if that helps...Anything better, by the way? I'm new to modding, but not DoW. I own them all.
Hi Redrat, this isn't a stupid question at all. I remember how hard it was for me to get my first scenario submitted! I had all kinds of problems, and only got it right on the third try. Here are some thoughts, and others might spot something that I miss:
1. Make sure that your mod is fully functional by testing it well and also get some friends to test it if possible
2. Make a description paragraph and a "readme" file that explains what the mod does and what it is intended for. The readme should include how to install it (it is inevitable that someone is going to download your mod as their first and will have trouble if the instructions aren't there), and any permissions that you have from others if you barrow from their work.
3. Take some good screenshots, and make sure they are in JPG format (GIF or BMP don't work)
4. Package the mod files and readme in a .zip folder, but not the screenshots. Go to the submit files page, here's a link:
5. The instructions are fairly clear, and the screenshots get added on a later page.
6. Depending on how busy the staff are, it can take just a few hours or up to one week to see your file posted! Recently they had some trouble and things were delayed a while, but now seem to be back on top of it. If there is any serious problems and your mod can't be posted, they will email you so that you can fix it.
I hope that can help, and we look forward to your mod!
oh, thanks much.very helpful.