Hi there! In the few months of studying the modtools, I have learned you can add new units(like the ones of the C2C team) and that you can take it MUCH further.
DISCLAIMER: - You must have the Steel Legion and Witch Hunters mod to use this. - You must have extracted the WH mod using the mod packager. The Steel Legion mod must also have been extracted(all to DXP2). - This will significantly mess up online play. - You must be an experienced modder.
1) Create a new .txt document in the "my_mod/data/attrib/sbps/races/guard" folder(create if its not there)
2) Create some .lua files by renaming the new text document.txt into steel_legion_squad_soldier.lua. (Do this for other files)
3) start up AE.
4) Use a building to spawn the new units. We'll use the guard_infantry(IG Barracks). Edit the spawner_ext's squad table. You can see other squads like guard_squad_guardsmen there. Find and choose the steel_legion_squad_soldier.lua from the many choices.
5) Save the guard_infantry.lua file to binary 1 and it will convert it into an RGD file.
6) Find it in your "my_mod/attrib/ebps/races/guard/structures" folder.
7) Bring the file into your "DXP2/data/attrib/ebps/races/guard/structures"
8) VERY IMPORTANT - Don't close the AE if you still want to make some changes.
VERY IMPORTANT - AGAIN, THIS WILL MESS UP ONLINE PLAY IF YOU'RE NOT EXPERIENCED IN HANDLING THIS.
9) Play the game as the Imperial Guard and see new troops like the Arbites Fire Support Squad and Melee squad as well as Steel Legion troopers.