130 Patch Problem -1 reply

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 13 years ago

I just tried to download 130, downloaded it fine, but it didn't launch. I tired to download it independant from the game by using the URL but when i opened the exe nothing happened then my PC froze...i tried it three times...same result...PLEASE HELP:uhoh:

FreakNasty

Singlehearted

50 XP

7th October 2003

0 Uploads

2,489 Posts

0 Threads

#2 13 years ago

Well, the patch is pretty extensive and takes some time to install. Maybe it just seemed that your comp has freezed... Other than that try using the autopatch via Multiplayer online-lobby

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#3 13 years ago

Does it take like five minutes to start installing. Bearing in mind my PC is in no way slow, PentIV 3.0 HTT, 1GB memory etc. I most definatly froze. I couldn't even get task manager up. I tried using the online version before, ill try again, but im not liking my chances. What was your experiance with it. Download and launch no probs or did you have to wait a while for it to kick in?

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#4 13 years ago

Ok just tried again, and it did work...eventually. I downloaded the patch using DoW multiplayer, let it download and then exit out of the game. Then 5 mins exactly of sitting there doing nothing, not even accessing the HDD, or responding to commands the patcher started and installed as normal. Thanks for your help FreakNasty

FreakNasty

Singlehearted

50 XP

7th October 2003

0 Uploads

2,489 Posts

0 Threads

#5 13 years ago

you're welcome! winkx.gif

phenomenal 1

GF Pwns Me!

50 XP

9th May 2005

0 Uploads

58 Posts

0 Threads

#6 13 years ago

i kinda hav the same problem. i just tried to log on to the online lobby but it started downloading a patch. i would'nt of minded 2 weeks ago when i did'nt pay for the internet connection, but i hav to pay shed loads of money till i get broadband next week. is their a way to play online without downloading the patch.

FreakNasty

Singlehearted

50 XP

7th October 2003

0 Uploads

2,489 Posts

0 Threads

#7 13 years ago

No, you need the patch to play online.

phenomenal 1

GF Pwns Me!

50 XP

9th May 2005

0 Uploads

58 Posts

0 Threads

#8 13 years ago

o.k thanks for the info freaknasty.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#9 13 years ago

i have a few problems with the new patch. 1) Maps are not showing up in the pick a game lobby. I only see a pink square. 2) 60% of the games I try and join take in excess of 3 minutes to begin. 3) 1 in 5 of those freeze up anyway. 4) Everything is slower (I have a 3.2Gb processor, 120Gb Hard drive and 2Mb Broadband for any techies out there) than prior to this patch. 5) Due to the increase in lag more people are dropping meaning quality of team games is diabolical. I also hear the previous Mods like Daemonhunters will not work with this patch. Anyone help out on this or any of the above. Please pass these comments on to the designers of the latest patch or give ma an address to do so myself as this patch has spoilt the game in my opinion.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#10 13 years ago

I hear you louad and clear BigD. I have been having the same problems. It is becoming very annoying. If you are lagging with your sweet system and conncetion then this must be a huge problem everywhere. I only have 512k Connection and it is lagging really, really bad. Before the patch I hardly lagged. Speaking of lag, that new kick choice feature is unfair. I know the theory behind it and can appreciate it but the last five games i have had i have not experienced an extended lag time and the screen came up for my ally I clicked no because a) there was no real lagg issue, and b) to do so would have been suicide for my team. Of cource who is gonna miss the opportunity for an easy win so all the enemy players chose to kick. My point is that players are using it as a way to get rid of players, when in my opinon the game play lag is not the fault of the player that ends up being kicked. I say remove the feature until you lot of programers have streamlined the running of the game and elliminated the crap lag that was not there before the patch.