cheeselovingtree

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

16th May 2006

0 Uploads

13 Posts

0 Threads

#1 12 years ago

it says I dont have the original dawn of war installed, which I need for WA. but the thing is, I have got it installed! Im looking at it right now! I think it may be due to the two mods I downloaded yesterday, space hulk 2 and that necron one. but they worked fine and then I used the game manager to switch to WA. I observed a game but dced due to extreme lag (I alt+tabbed to look at my itunes) I uninstalled space hulk 2 and it still isnt working. I cant reinstall the original dawn of war anytime soon though, cos I just borrowed it off my cousin, installed it then bought WA.

Marshall_Brant

DEATH TO THE FALSE EMPEROR!!!!

50 XP

3rd April 2006

0 Uploads

4,733 Posts

0 Threads

#2 12 years ago

You mean that when you try to install the game a window comes up that states that the game is already installed?

cheeselovingtree

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

16th May 2006

0 Uploads

13 Posts

0 Threads

#3 12 years ago

no, when I try to play WA it says that dow isnt installed, when it is.

Marshall_Brant

50 XP

3rd April 2006

0 Uploads

4,733 Posts

0 Threads

#4 12 years ago

e-mail THQ about it they might know what to do

bigsid91

Fear me But Follow

50 XP

23rd March 2006

0 Uploads

315 Posts

0 Threads

#5 12 years ago

it happend to me i had to install dow again and winter assualt .. after doing that it should be fine

cheeselovingtree

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

16th May 2006

0 Uploads

13 Posts

0 Threads

#6 12 years ago

wont they be pissed off cos I didnt buy the original dow? is that not illegal in some way? Edit: and does this also mean I have to get the original dow back off of my cousin again? that could take a while. [COLOR=red]Please try to use the Edit Button or wait for a response. :)[/COLOR] [COLOR=red]- SSA[/COLOR]

Cloak Raider

Awkward...

50 XP

12th March 2006

0 Uploads

3,398 Posts

0 Threads

#7 12 years ago

What do you mean original Dawn of War? Just because it is modded doesn't mean you can't install WA, I had the Steel Legion mod and WA installed fine.

Marshall_Brant

50 XP

3rd April 2006

0 Uploads

4,733 Posts

0 Threads

#8 12 years ago

I don't think they would care if you borrowed the game or not.

cheeselovingtree

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

16th May 2006

0 Uploads

13 Posts

0 Threads

#9 12 years ago

wa is already installed. dow is already installed. when I try to run wa it says dow isnt installed. I cant reinstall dow anytime soon cos I dont own it, I just borrowed it, installed it then bought WA.

Marshall_Brant

50 XP

3rd April 2006

0 Uploads

4,733 Posts

0 Threads

#10 12 years ago

did you uninstall DoW then try to install it? if you don't want to wait for your cousin, you could buy DoW for like $20 at Best Buy.